Page 4 of 4

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:22 pm
by MobileAudio219
So do any of you guys modify your vehicles (well, other than with car stereos?)

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:47 pm
by cargodz
Well lets see now... The one with the most mods would've had to been my 1984 Trans Am... bought used in 86 and then I had approx. $30,000 wrapped up into it by 89 and still didn't get it painted before my dad borrowed it and it got totaled by not 1, but 2 drunk drivers that both ran the same light :( That has to have been my favorite car.
My 1978 Camaro Z-28 wasn't to shabby either with an already built motor swap from a Corvette (1970 LT-1), that thing would run high 10's in the quarter with street rubber ;)
1979 Blazer (I actually helped a buddy of mine build then purchased from him), was legally considered a Monster Truck as with the KC light bar added it was about 2.5" over the legal height limit... That beast had a 454 with a 6-71 Blower and 50" tires (Tractor :D )
The list goes on and on, but those are the ones that have had the most done to them.

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:17 am
by MobileAudio219
My s10 was probably the most modded car/truck I've owned.

Note: I didnt do any of the work to the motor/trans/rear, so I forgot must of the details.

Starting with the motor.
Block bored .30 over
Cam (dont remember the specs, but it was fairly mild)
heads ported and polished (they were the better flowing of the tbi heads)
350 thottle body and injectors
k&n air filter
Msd Ignition

Exhaust
Custom y pipe that went into a dual in, single out converter, single in/dual out flowmaster org 40 series, 3.5"x18" tips Sounded good, but was LOUD!

Tranmssion
It had a stall convertor and a shift kit, thats all I remember.

Rear End.
It had posi and lower ratio gears, but once again, not to sure on the specs.

Suspension: 3/4 drop

Wheels: Crappy looking 15" something or anothers (switch them for stockers)

Interior/sound: Pioneer deh 2300, kicker k65.3 components (in custom lower door panels) kicker kx250.2, 12" kicker comp vr sealed (custom box behind drivers seat, jbl 600.1