Page 4 of 4
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:39 pm
by GlassWolf
back in the 80s, and early 90s, I used Cerwin-Vega 12" subs, and Orion mids, tweeters, amps, and signal processing. Alpine deck and EQs.
I miss those days in a way.
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:46 pm
by cargodz
GlassWolf wrote:back in the 80s, and early 90s, I used Cerwin-Vega 12" subs, and Orion mids, tweeters, amps, and signal processing. Alpine deck and EQs.
I miss those days in a way.
The original Cerwin-Vega strokers were just one of the subs that set the stage for professional competition... Definately good ol' days.
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:53 pm
by Ampresearch
cargodz wrote:The original Cerwin-Vega strokers were just one of the subs that set the stage for professional competition... Definately good ol' days.
remeber that dodge truck that was owned by some chic that hit a record with the 4 stroker 12's?? thats was very early 90's. for the time it was a crazy set up
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:57 pm
by TheWeakestLink
CV Strokers... Haven't heard about those in a long time. Deffinately some of the loudest subs made back then. I was big on Alpine head units and eq's, Orion, PPI and Lanzar amps; still using my old Opti Drive Plus amps, CV and Eclipse highs, mids, and mid woofers, and CV, Lanzar and B-52 subwoofers. Eclipse made some nice head units too as I recall.
First car stereo: 1991 - as a consumer
Nakamichi head unit - don't remember the model number
Cousitc crossover - XM-3
PPI amps - 1 Sedona 450ix and 2 Sedona 2300ix
Stillwater Designs component sets - 6.5 and tweets in front, 4 and tweets in back
Stillwater Designs Subwoofers - 2 SVC Kicker Comp 15's
That was a fun stereo. A little loud on the bottem end but it was fun.
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:02 pm
by Ampresearch
[quote="TheWeakestLink"]CV Strokers... Haven't heard about those in a long time. Deffinately some of the loudest subs made back then. I was big on Alpine head units and eq's, Orion, PPI and Lanzar amps]
wow nice head unit.
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:16 am
by cargodz
Nakamichi was the sh!t back in the day, when the rest of us were running the original super tuner by Pioneer.
By the way Strokers are back, bigger and badder than back in the day with the Stroker Pro-15 and Pro-12 pushing 2500w rms as the new Vega flagship subs.