Page 4 of 7

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:53 pm
by sinister audio
mustang hatches arn't the easiest to get loud. The hatches them selfs are really weak. Mine is pretty much distroyed now. a single 18" RE SX took care of that off 1,000 watts. it did 144.5 at 38hz. sure it could of been louder but I wasn't building it into a comp car and I would rather listen to lower freq than higher freq.

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:07 am
by MobileAudio219
sinister audio wrote:mustang hatches arn't the easiest to get loud. The hatches them selfs are really weak. Mine is pretty much distroyed now. a single 18" RE SX took care of that off 1,000 watts. it did 144.5 at 38hz. sure it could of been louder but I wasn't building it into a comp car and I would rather listen to lower freq than higher freq.
I wonder if you could rig up some latchs for the bottom outside edges?

Something like this:
Image

It would keep the hatch closed tight against the seal and stop some a lot of the flex...

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:50 am
by sinister audio
I thought about that but I couldnt do something like that to a nice mustang. maybe some crappy lx 4cyl one.

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:25 am
by Bwcad1
That would also make you illegal in pretty much every org.

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:47 am
by Ryan from Ohio
Has this guy responded to anything in this thread yet?

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:39 am
by MobileAudio219
Bwcad1 wrote:That would also make you illegal in pretty much every org.
See there, learn something new everyday...

Isn't adding sound deadener illegal as well?

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:51 am
by Bwcad1
MobileAudio219 wrote:See there, learn something new everyday...
Isn't adding sound deadener illegal as well?
Nope.

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:53 pm
by falkenbd
Ryan from Ohio wrote:Has this guy responded to anything in this thread yet?
no but we are bored...

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:13 pm
by Tim
really bored.

Tim

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:08 pm
by MobileAudio219
Bored indeed.