Page 4 of 5

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:03 am
by cargodz
Montgomery Wards didn't actually make the mowers, they were MTDs branded as Wards models... They did that with a lot of stuff, similar to the way Best Buy does with their Insignia name.

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:59 am
by Tim
Lowes does the same thing with their mowers. MTD's with the lowes name.

tim

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:00 am
by Jon
Wards was a low rent version of Sears back in the day.

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:13 am
by cargodz
Jon wrote:Wards was a low rent version of Sears back in the day.
^ That's what I like about them so much... You could pick up comparable merchandise for less... Sears and Wards were always battling back and forth on prices of everything from appliances, jewelry, to furniture.
I don't expect many of you kids here to remember much of that (if at all) as this predates the existence of Best Buy... The major appliance store then was Highland Appliance.

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:45 am
by MobileAudio219
cargodz wrote:^ That's what I like about them so much... You could pick up comparable merchandise for less... Sears and Wards were always battling back and forth on prices of everything from appliances, jewelry, to furniture.
I don't expect many of you kids here to remember much of that (if at all) as this predates the existence of Best Buy... The major appliance store then was Highland Appliance.

Thanks for sharing some of your teenage history....

I was always interested in the early 1900's.... :scorp:

J/K

I was born in '83, I'm old as well...

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:54 am
by scotts1000rr
I remember Mike. ^^^^^^He's just being a jerk. :lgh

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:38 pm
by cargodz
MobileAudio219 wrote: I was born in '83, I'm old as well...
Old to who, your 5 year old neighbor?... You fall in between the ages of my 2 daughters :p lol

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:05 pm
by MobileAudio219
cargodz wrote:Old to who, your 5 year old neighbor?... You fall in between the ages of my 2 daughters :p lol
Daughter, ay? :dance

Idk, I feel old...

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:26 am
by cargodz
MobileAudio219 wrote:Daughter, ay? :dance
:p You couldn't handle either of my daughters... They're strong willed lil bitches (and proud of it)... Besides, one of them is engaged with 2 kids and the other will be living with us in the new house :tough

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:44 am
by MobileAudio219
cargodz wrote: :p one of them is engaged with 2 kids and the other will be living with us in the new house :tough
Do you mind a live in son n law?