Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

great! now my headunit is broken!

Post all your general car audio questions here.
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
brisgreat1
Senior Member
Posts: 485
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 7:43 pm
Location: philly, pa

Post by brisgreat1 »

I don't know what the ACC wire is, and if I have to run new wire does that mean the current wire being used is useless? I have plenty of wire to ground / remote, but my power wire is pretty limited atm... I'm willing to try anything that sounds like it makes sense at this point though..
scotts1000rr
Senior Member
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:09 am
Location: wheeling,wv

Post by scotts1000rr »

did you try taking it out and hooking it up to the battery to see if it worked?
brisgreat1
Senior Member
Posts: 485
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 7:43 pm
Location: philly, pa

Post by brisgreat1 »

Red wire to positive terminal and yellow to negative is all I need to do correct? If so I'll do it right now!!
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

give it a try because u said that u plugged in ur friends and no dice so clearly its ur wires if its not ur fuse... It took me a day to figure that out with my friends hu... Sometimes wires ground out and melt somewhere and fry... It happens if they arent covered corectly or get cut into.... I know that if u try a different acc like tapping into ur cig lighter and see if it works... If u want to skip all that bs... get a Voltmeter and see which wire is reading power...
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
brisgreat1
Senior Member
Posts: 485
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 7:43 pm
Location: philly, pa

Post by brisgreat1 »

I didn't plug my head unit into a friends, my friend gave me a 'working' head unit to plug into mine. I guess I should try plugging mine into my brothers car or something just to see that it's the car and not the head unit. But I can find out with that battery thing right? Red to positive and yellow to negative?
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

Wow dude yellow and red go together if you put yellow on the neg and red on the positive you either fried a fuse or blew shit up. black is ground. yellow is power and red is acc.
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

Check ur wiring diagram in the Manual then go from there... I said that u pluged in ur friends into ur setup not the other way around....

No worries though Im sure ur HU works if his working one didnt work in ur car... That always spells wiring error or Fuse problem...
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

now Bill be nice!
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
brisgreat1
Senior Member
Posts: 485
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 7:43 pm
Location: philly, pa

Post by brisgreat1 »

well when i wire my harnesses together I just do yellow to yellow, red to red... never took the time to learn them i guess you could say. just sort of assumed red would be power since red jumper cables are the positive side. i know this is a dumb question but what wires exactly do i have to hook up to test my head unit through the battery? i don't want to 'fry' or 'blow up' anything... yellow AND red to positive and black to negative?
Post Reply