Page 3 of 6
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:56 pm
by jonnyb
i work at a car stereo shop call B's Car Stereo, doing all the stuff on this forum, everyday. its alot of fun. sometimes its boring, because we can get pretty slow, but overall its good.
i absolutely love remote start season, nothing better than doing 5-6 a day. im pretty quick too.
i am going to school for an associates degree in electronic engineering technology. if i could one day get a job assisting in the design of car audio amplifiers, id love it.
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:59 pm
by bdyman
iam a body fender tech of 15 yrs, i currently work at fullers auto body in lyons il
when i was a apprentice i was taught metal fab, restorations, custom metal work like frenchin, suicide doors all on that line
i also do custom paint work, ya iam a gear head
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:02 pm
by Bwcad1
jonnyb wrote:i work at a car stereo shop call B's Car Stereo, doing all the stuff on this forum, everyday. its alot of fun. sometimes its boring, because we can get pretty slow, but overall its good.
i absolutely love remote start season, nothing better than doing 5-6 a day. im pretty quick too.
i am going to school for an associates degree in electronic engineering technology. if i could one day get a job assisting in the design of car audio amplifiers, id love it.
i didn't know you worked at B's i was competing up there twice i probably saw you and never knew it lol
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:14 pm
by jonnyb
probably. you there this most recent summer?
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:57 pm
by colemanyoungerinalaska
i worked doing hazardous waste operations and removals asbestos abatement and demolition for a long time until a few months ago. it took up too much of my time and i had to quit the checks were nice but i had no time to myself. now i work at the anchorage daily news. not nearly as much pay but i get to come home every night and dont have to go away for weeks at a time.
i worked as a radiographer on the north slope for 2 weeks
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:03 am
by cargodz
Well everybody here already knows about Car Godz Custom Concepts... my heart and soul passion that I've been doing for 6 years now, after doing many one off custom jobs, working as a light line tech, and many back yard mechanics jobs... decided it was time to go out and do it as a business... everything from car audio, wheels, body kits, performance packages (nitrous & turbos included

), still it's been more of a hobby type job, but someday will give it 100% of my time.
Now what some people know is that I have a part time morning job at Menards running the autoscrubber
http://www.karcher.ca/CCE/Floor_Care_Web_Pages/BD%20Trike.htm, yup I get to ride around on that for about 4-5 hours every morning. I use this money to go towards medical insurance, plus I get a lil discount at a hardware store (which is what Menards is - kinda like Lowes & H.D.).
Now for what only a few know about... I also own and operate my own cleaning business (residential & small business) and have been doing that for over 20+ years... I really can't stand cleaning, but I love most of the long term clients we have like extended family... plus it's what pays the bills

Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:20 am
by Scarrell
i do brick masonry for the most part for $20 an hour. but its been real slow, we cant work in the rain/cold etc(morter wont set).. and my boss (my wifes dad) is in his 60's, his age is catching up with him. so i took a job delivering pizza's for Domino's.. its a fun job but pay sucks, for now its all i can do til i find another job, other than that, i install car audio for a little bit of cash here and there..
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:22 am
by MobileAudio219
Do you ever "accidently" spill bleach on the floor just so you can do some smokey burnouts... Does it have posi traction?
"have you ever taken it off any sweet jumps?"

Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:30 am
by MobileAudio219
Scarrell wrote:i do brick masonry for the most part for $20 an hour. but its been real slow, we cant work in the rain/cold etc(morter wont set).. and my boss (my wifes dad) is in his 60's, his age is catching up with him. so i took a job delivering pizza's for Domino's.. its a fun job but pay sucks, for now its all i can do til i find another job, other than that, i install car audio for a little bit of cash here and there..
Yeah, thats the bad thing about outside work. Thats why I decided to get the job I have now, I know exactly how much my checks will be and I have decent health insurance... I still work side jobs when I feel like it, which lately hasnt been very often. :happy055:
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:34 am
by Scarrell
couldnt find much of a video, but this is what i do when i do it..
http://youtube.com/watch?v=k6fF-wsuOvA& ... ed&search=
pizza delivering is self explanitory. so..