Page 3 of 3

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:51 pm
by subster87
makes me sad im so poor... i need new toys!

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:35 pm
by OnYrMrk
geolemon wrote:Oh, look - Steg was on display.
(Oh, I'm sorry, here referenced somewhere as "mortal enemy of Audison" I think? :p )
First year, for them. Orca must have brought them in, they have a booth every year. Last year, they had a sick 300C on display built by Billy Brown (who had built the shop I used to work in), with a set of welded doors that pivoted upwards... didn't see any pics in there of this year's demo cars. :confused :

Chris, that car was Justin Elfkowitz (sp?)'s 300M built with Audison Thesis and Focal Be. Yes, Orca had a bit of a falling out with Audison. Apparantly Audison threw a bit of a hissy fit about Focal bringing in their line of amplifiers and refused to be marketed alongside Focal anymore. So Orca dropped them like a cheating wife and moved on to an argurably better product. STEG. Also picked up AudioSystem at the same time. So hopefully life will continue to flourish in the Orca stable cause they have excellent product that I can snag at very low prices...WOOT!

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:56 pm
by cargodz
I know I'm gonna get bashed for this one seeing as how everyone is so upset at RE for selling out... But come on... those newly designed subs look sick ;)

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:59 pm
by solacedagony
The new XXXs? Yea, I'd love to have one... If I had the money and, more importantly, room in my vehicle for one.

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:07 pm
by solacedagony

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:49 pm
by geolemon
OnYrMrk wrote:Chris, that car was Justin Elfkowitz (sp?)'s 300M built with Audison Thesis and Focal Be. Yes, Orca had a bit of a falling out with Audison. Apparantly Audison threw a bit of a hissy fit about Focal bringing in their line of amplifiers and refused to be marketed alongside Focal anymore. So Orca dropped them like a cheating wife and moved on to an argurably better product. STEG. Also picked up AudioSystem at the same time. So hopefully life will continue to flourish in the Orca stable cause they have excellent product that I can snag at very low prices...WOOT!
I don't know who owns it... I just know who built it.

I was confused by the whole Audison thing - Focal really doesn't make an amp line that competes with either the SRx or the LRx... and mostly the Focal stuff eclipses the VRx, and hardly resembles it by architecture. Then, you have the Thesis that is simply rediculous in price. I just don't see the competition.

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:56 pm
by brtnboarder3241
Cool...great Pictures Taken By Far!