Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Future system

Post all your general car audio questions here.
bigbassman
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:14 pm
Location: Dawson, WV

Post by bigbassman »

High Society wrote:What made you pick them 8's??
because a bunch of 8's ported had never been done before... only sealed..

I wanted to prove to the world that size doesn't matter... :D

now its commonplace to see 8" drivers in vehicles, and several walls have been built by my teammates, and myself with 8's.. due to the popularity of my install.. and the number of 8's sold by RE after my install was made public.. well they ran through em quick :)

win win situation, I supported one of my favorite companies, who in turn supported me, I got to do something completely different, and have it turn out great... and I get to make believers out of people who say my car won't be loud..

Loyd L.
High Society
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by High Society »

Do you have any future plans to add anymore 8's, or competing?
High Society
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by High Society »

Ive seen a hurst with a wall of sub's at a car show once, it was the indy import car and truck bash, I herd it drive by and that thing was hella loud.
bigbassman
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:14 pm
Location: Dawson, WV

Post by bigbassman »

High Society wrote:Do you have any future plans to add anymore 8's, or competing?
I'll be ripping out this current install this march, and replacing it with a competition designed wall for 4 15's

by competition designed I mean, thicker panels, resin in the box, larger port, a harder and more expensive way to build, but the db gains are worth it..

gonna be around 18cuft tuned to 35-36hz.. so it'll still be quite fine for daily use, as I drive 60 miles a day in it..

looking at 4kw of power or so...

I tried to shake the competition bug last year.. but its just too fun.. I'll be returning to the lane full force, with a purpose built vehicle, looking for a third world championship..

Loyd L.
High Society
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by High Society »

What you gonna be using? RE again? Four MT's that be loud as hell. Whats the total amout your gonna be spending for this 4,000w?
Scarrell
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Carmi, Illinois

Post by Scarrell »

hey someone from Danville... awesome... i ate at a McDonalds there and got sicker than $hit thought :t_thumbdo , anyway im from Carmi, about 2 hours or so... anyway.... yeah RE 8's can get loud and low from what im told... i may buy some with my tax returns if i get enough.. not sure but four would be good in a reg cab s-10...... and a... JBL 600.1? or so... yeah i heard that duct tape works for some reason.. like a .0001 increase or something.. but uh yeah i think you'd like four RE 8"s... probably nut when you hear em..
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

and this is another good example of why I went with the two XXX 12" subs and the 2560 watts of juice for them. In front-loaded aperiodic enclosures the driver control is fantastic, too.
reduces 2nd and 3rd order harmonics, and really brings out the detail if you're not so worried about getting every last dB out of the system, and would rather have good SQ.
Granted, you can't do that in a pickup very easily unless you put the enclosure in the truck bed.

RE does make great subs though, and relatively unused as companies go. Not nearly as common as all of the mass produced brands.

welcome to the boards Loyd. Just started noticing your posts around here.
It's always good to see more folks showing up here with install experience. The knowledge adds to the OverMind! er, wait, I mean...
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
bigbassman
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:14 pm
Location: Dawson, WV

Post by bigbassman »

High Society wrote:What you gonna be using? RE again? Four MT's that be loud as hell. Whats the total amout your gonna be spending for this 4,000w?
I haven't decided on what woofers I'll be running this season, and I can't disclose the pricing on the 2 amps I'll have... :)

Loyd L.
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Elevation AUdio is offering 65% off there products to competitiors.

You must be a member of or show proff of your competition.

You must keep the equipment for at least 1 year after purchase.

65% seems like a good deal. Now if they could just make their specs look better!

20 mm xmax one way on there best sub just isnt going to cut it :)
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
bigbassman
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:14 pm
Location: Dawson, WV

Post by bigbassman »

65% off dealer would be ok...

65% off retail isn't very appealing..

Loyd L.
Post Reply