Page 3 of 6

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:05 am
by JL Man
that's what i'm watching right now. lol

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:34 am
by Robert Wollenberg
We've got like six channels here in Iraq and they all suck. I decided to go with JL because i liked the regulated output. By having that, if I should choose to go different routes with my system down the road, they will be much more flexible for me. And their quality is good anyway. I looked at Zapco amps and a couple others. I just decided to stick with the JLs.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:18 am
by solacedagony
I would say stick to the JL and get it repaired cause it is a higher quality product, and, more importantly (cause I'm cheap), I would imagine it'd be cheaper for a $120 repair. Not sure what those amps cost, but I doubt they're near $120.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:27 am
by Jonathan
Bwcad1 wrote:but jl should be compared more to autotek than hifonics.
Oh man I never thought I'd hear those in the same sentence.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:31 am
by Bwcad1
whats wrong with that sentence john?

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:40 am
by High Society
i wouldnt trade my autotek for a jl any day either but thats just me.
.

Who the hell would take 1000 watts over 4000 Bill? You'd be crazy if you did haha. But I would say fix it, and use, them JL/500's are some wicked amps. Hifonics is pretty much bang for the buck. BUt in this case you already have the 500/1 so get it fixed and use it.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:45 am
by Bwcad1
even if i had a mm1000.1 or a mm1400.1 for the price i would def pick the MM's over the jl1000.1 a mm1000.1 can be had at a dealer for 350-400 and a 1400.1 for 500-700 compared to the jl's price tag of around 900 dealer (guesstimate)

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:50 am
by High Society
I think thats right Bill at 900, If it's on sell I believe it's around 750-800.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:57 am
by Bwcad1
well i dont know i reserched places online but dealers are usually higher. prices online for these are as follows


MM1000.1 250-300
MM1400.1 350-450
MM2000.1 600-800

none are online sale legal by the way.

JL audio 1000/1 700-1000

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:59 am
by High Society
You're just an autotek whore Bill!!