Page 3 of 5

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:58 am
by _gonz_
High Society wrote:or just cut the wire to them, or just don't wire them up from the HU??
And the bass is supposed to enter the car... how?

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:25 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
http://www.caraudiocentral.net/forums/s ... php?t=3609

Seriously, if you spend $280 on something else your judgement is clouded.

These will outperform anything you have listed and are MUCH cheaper. As will be the shipping from Justin vs some store or E Bay auction.

You know you would be getting an excellent product in excellent shape and he can probably help save you on the import tax...

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:36 pm
by Team AI
_gonz_ wrote:And the bass is supposed to enter the car... how?

That would be a good reason to take the time to pull the out. If they have no baffle behind them and they are running it is more than likely going to sound like poo because of the air movement behind them doing something different than they are trying to do and doing it with enough force to push the cone beyond it's maximum excursion and then comes the poo. If you pull them out then you have two 6x9 holes to let some sound come through.... Now mind you I could be way off base and if I'm wrong then please someone let me know and correct me so that there isn't any bad info in here, I'm basing all of this on logic and that seems to be failing me a lot this week.

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:49 pm
by _gonz_
Team AI wrote:Now mind you I could be way off base and if I'm wrong then please someone let me know and correct me so that there isn't any bad info in here, I'm basing all of this on logic and that seems to be failing me a lot this week.
No, you're exactly spot on...
this is what I was getting at all along, in both of my posts in this thread.

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:10 pm
by High Society
And the bass is supposed to enter the car... how?
I was just stating that if he couldn't take em out, and they aren't worth much just to unhook it. And since when did removing 6x9's "stop" the bass from coming into the cabin?? Didn't really sound different to me when I did it.

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:24 pm
by _gonz_
Dunno about you but...

If subs are in the trunk, and the deck is sealed up by 6x9s, the bass comes through the seat.... thats sorta like having your sub in another room... seperated from you with foam padding, fabric, springs, etc...

I don't think thats ideal, do you? Really?

Taking the 6x9s out at least has the effect of "ports" from your trunk into the cabin. Make a little more sense now?

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:07 pm
by Team AI
Wow I don't think I've ever been spot on before... I've been cheeky but never spot on... this is a monumental day.

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:31 pm
by JL Man
_gonz_ wrote:Dunno about you but...
If subs are in the trunk, and the deck is sealed up by 6x9s, the bass comes through the seat.... thats sorta like having your sub in another room... seperated from you with foam padding, fabric, springs, etc...
I don't think thats ideal, do you? Really?
Taking the 6x9s out at least has the effect of "ports" from your trunk into the cabin. Make a little more sense now?
to me it does make the bass louder. i took out my 6x9's because they weren't hooked up anyway, i could actually here some bass over my comps. i might sell them on ebay.

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:35 pm
by Team AI
It seems to me that if left in either way hooke up or not if there is nothing to stop the air pressure in the trunk from moving the 6x9 it will add noise that you don't want and can't really control.

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:42 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Yes yes, porting the trunk to the cabin. It has a great effect and will increase your overall SPL.

You want ample port of the trunk to the cabin.