Page 3 of 4
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:56 am
by kevinberry1
Man I hope you never get rear-ended. That would be sad to see that setup get smashed
You must camp in a pretty remote place to need 1000 watts to play music :)
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:58 pm
by Darthness
i think you've managed to confuse the shit out of me with this thread... the method you use works? so change it?
you must go camping alot to want to change your stereo up to run some homespeakers..also.. i think when someone said that you'd be fine running th ehome speakers off a head unit is because it generally seems that home speakers require less power than car speakers...
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:06 pm
by JeremyC
Focals huh, access or polly? Ah heck I couldn't resist.
So your straped for area, then why not do this. Stay with what you have and mount another amp to your external speakers. I am sure you could come up with something that looks cool. Then add a quick disconect some where inside the car, to hook it all up on the spot.
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:37 pm
by stfo
High Society wrote:How do those LVS sound?
Amazing, I could not be happier with the sound of the bass. The only problems you will have with these subs is trying to get enough front stage to hear over all the bass.
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:41 pm
by stfo
JeremyC wrote:Focals huh, access or polly? Ah heck I couldn't resist.
So your straped for area, then why not do this. Stay with what you have and mount another amp to your external speakers. I am sure you could come up with something that looks cool. Then add a quick disconect some where inside the car, to hook it all up on the spot.
I got the K2 Power, and added a second pair of tweets (Utopia).
In the rear I have the Kevlar.
If your going with Focal, I highly recommend going up to the Power series, as I had the Polyglass before and the difference is sex
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:46 pm
by High Society
Are they sealed or ported? I didn't really look at the box to hard.
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:06 pm
by OnYrMrk
STFO, Jeremy has the Utopia's. There are a couple of us who have Focal here, I have K3P's and a 33KX...Jeremy has the Utopia 3 ways
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:10 pm
by stfo
High Society wrote:Are they sealed or ported? I didn't really look at the box to hard.
Its ported
Before I got it vinyled:
After I got in vinyled (I meshed the ports in case anything got in the ports, God that would be annoying)

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:53 am
by High Society
I like it vinyled, did you do it?
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:53 pm
by stfo
kevinberry1 wrote:Man I hope you never get rear-ended. That would be sad to see that setup get smashed

You must camp in a pretty remote place to need 1000 watts to play music :)
Because the amp is 2 ohm stable at 1000 watts, the home speaker will load down the amp and it will not push 1000 watts as the home speaker is 4-8 ohms.