Page 3 of 3

Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:04 am
by tomcat
I like to make my own boxes so they have a costum fit. I have never made a square or rectanagle box yet. They are very easy to make and it makes you all warm and fuzzy inside when you can say you did it all yourself. And not to mention your wallet stays heavier.

Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:28 am
by ridr4lif
http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetai ... dID=eKo-K4

thats is all you should need to install that amp.

Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:58 pm
by NViejeP
Cool so its 4 AWG. Just need to find a box now and I should have my system complete.

Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:07 pm
by NViejeP
Taken some measurements, all will fit. By the looks of it, I prefer the 2nd and 3rd one. 2nd one is the truck one and will fit along the back, will take up lots of width but very little depth. 3rd one will take up roughly a 1/4 of the trunk with the corner gone.

Do those boxes look good?

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:26 am
by Mithrandir
personally I think a prefab box is ok, somthin from q logic, expensive but ok if you can match the recommended volume. Building your own would be cheaper and better but hard, personally I dont have all the tools to do it so It would cost me a lot more money to build one than buy one lol.

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:46 pm
by NViejeP
So the recommended box for an RE SE is 1 cubic foot right?

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:51 pm
by ridr4lif
Yes. Its on their website. http://www.reaudio.com go to the tech section.