Page 3 of 5
Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:15 pm
by sinister audio
throw them in a ported box and i doubt you would know a difference.
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:46 am
by grmncrsnbr
Whats size box and port would you recommend for this?
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:49 am
by sinister audio
ill have to look at the paramters to figure that out.
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:51 am
by grmncrsnbr
Do you think itll take a box bigger than 2.26?
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:57 am
by Bwcad1
i would say it could handle 3-3.5 cf tuned around 28-30hz im in ohio and i sell bravox. if you want to drive here let me know! lol
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:05 am
by sinister audio
for a single 12 i would say 2-2.25 cubes can ruffly 30-34 hz tuning.
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:40 am
by grmncrsnbr
Im looking at just getting a ten my VW has no problem helpin it get loud haha. I have a box right now for two tens that is roughly 2.26 ft^3 and would like to just alter it if I can so I dont have to go buy another one. So how much would the recommended volume change for a single 10?
Id love to cme up to Ohio but Im heading back to school tomorrow. I could use some more knowledge on all this stuff Id really like to do some custom installs myself since I really enjoy audio set ups.
Sinister I know you say you are getting into home audio, my dad and I are going to build a 5.1 system for our basement and I could use a little help on that is there an easier way to get a hold of you?
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:57 am
by sinister audio
i have msn messenger if you got that. im just getting into but im sure i could help out some atleast.
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:00 am
by grmncrsnbr
Ive been messing around with WinISD online since I cant put it on my work comp. With a box size od 2.25 tuned to about 30 hz Im getting a curve that crosses the 0dB line at about 30Hz and hits -3dB at around 28Hz. After going into positive dB it drops back down to negative before going back up to zero is that a good response?
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:30 am
by sinister audio
kinda i think that its doing it from too big of a box or trying to tune lower than the box wants you too.