Page 3 of 4
Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:23 pm
by NorthQuad
No, for sure nathan. If you want to install them and check out how it all sounds, I say giver. If you don't like it, it's an easy fix, right? Bottom line, it's what you like and if you're happy with it, then that's all that counts.
Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:28 pm
by JeremyC
What type of components?
Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:36 pm
by JeremyC
Dude hear is what I would do. You have 2 comp sets. So forget the plates, and the extra tweets.
Hook up both comp sets and run your amps bridged.
You can still use both amps.
You can still run a sub off of each amp.
And... By running bridged you will double the power going to each comp set. So you will be talking 150 watts rms to each set, instead of 75.
That will be louder than all 14 speakers. Be easier to install, and sound better.
The other tweets and plates don't have x-overs. You can't use the ones in the amps, cause that will effect every speaker you have hooked to the amp.
And you can't run the plates and tweets full range, unless you want to recreate my favorite cheech and chong movie. "up in smoke" FYI... up in smoke tweeter, can easily cause, up in smoke amp.
Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:17 pm
by NorthQuad
That's if you want to get it right the first time, Jeremy. C'mon.
Nathan, I'm running one Comp set in the front doors and they are loud. And most important, sound amazing. It took me a while to learn through trial and error but had I just listened to the advice I was getting from these guys here, I would've had it right a long time before I actually did get it right.
I also run one sub, the sub in my avatar, if you were wondering.
Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:19 pm
by nathan
ok heres everrything Iplan On using, 2 sets of 6.5 infinity reference componants set (1 set for my doors and 1 set will go in my amp rack),4x6 infinity refernce plate will go in my dash and finaly 2 sets of my kicker d20x tweets will go in my amp rack also.my hu is a kenwood mp-535u the subs are infinity kappa 10" (the green ones) a kq5 eq/crossover and 2 5350a infinity 5 channel amps totaling around 1100 watts.it was hard as hell to find crossovers for my d20x tweet cause they are 6 ohms and have a slope of 6db .so What I did is went to the local radio shack and made my own with a set a caopacitors and resistors.
so what do ya think?
Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:03 pm
by JeremyC
Nathan, what type of car do you drive? Where is your amp rack going?
Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:12 pm
by nathan
I drive a gmc sonoma 4x4 ext cab w/3rd door .I was just gunna go with the flow on my subs and amp rack but first I have to fiind a new sub box cause the 1 I have now doesnt have a divider in the middle divideing the sub chambers.
Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:30 pm
by nathan
before I install everything i have given this alot of thouyght and I have to upgrade my alternater to a 200 amps and mytruck battery any thoughts on a battery for me the amps have 2x40 amp fuses on each of them totaling 160 amp draw?
Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:23 am
by JeremyC
Nathan, say hello to my S10.
http://www.caraudiocentral.net/forums/a ... 1112262729
http://www.caraudiocentral.net/forums/a ... 1112262765
http://www.caraudiocentral.net/forums/a ... 1112262779
http://www.caraudiocentral.net/forums/a ... 1112262812
http://www.caraudiocentral.net/forums/a ... 1112263076
Since I have vehicle specific experience I'm going to give you one last chance to listen to me. I can talk you through your install, from tweeter position all the way to sub woofer enclosure and positioning.
Or you can do what you want to do, and it will without a doubt sound like crap.
I can even predict your problem areas.
1 You won't be happy with the base. It won't be loud enough or hit hard enough.
2 Your highs will be WAY over powering. Especially in the 5 to 20K region.
3 You won't hear the component speakers in the doors.
4 The components and tweeters in your amp rack will pull the sound stage back. You will actually notice more sound behind you than you will in front of you.
FYI, that install was from 99. Here is some of my more recent work.
http://www.caraudiocentral.net/forums/a ... 1215132929
http://www.caraudiocentral.net/forums/a ... 1215132938
http://www.caraudiocentral.net/forums/a ... 1218815782
http://www.caraudiocentral.net/forums/a ... 1218989116
http://www.caraudiocentral.net/forums/a ... 1215633924
http://www.caraudiocentral.net/forums/a ... 1215633677
Its up to you dude.
If you want me to help you design a kick ass stereo, and give you vehicle specific pointers..... Just say the word.
BUT.... You will have to trust me and do what I tell you.
Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:22 am
by nathan
well I mine as well listen to what ya have to say.so what do ya have in mind?