Page 3 of 6

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:31 am
by Tim
Ryan from Ohio wrote:Crutchfield aint playing around. Orders been shipped already!
Yeah they dont mess around. you should have it like tomorrow or the next day. There CS is top notch.

Tim

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:20 pm
by MobileAudio219
Yeah, their CS is no joke. They ship out FAST, I had mine in like 2 days! :D

:D

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:46 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Cant wait, I need USB input badly. Tired of DVD/CD media.

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:16 pm
by NorthQuad
Ryan from Ohio wrote:Crutchfield aint playing around. Orders been shipped already!
Awesome! Mabey they were reading the forum and had it packed and ready to go, just in case.

But yeah, I ordered a bunch of stuff from Monoprice on boxing day. If it doesn't arrive today, it'll be here tomorrow for sure, as it was in Calgary at 5:30 this a.m. and for shipping from the U.S. to Canada, that's fast.

That's a sweet ass unit though. And for the price, I mean seriously, it's crazyness not to buy/try it.

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:22 pm
by NorthQuad
Ryan from Ohio wrote:Cant wait, I need USB input badly. Tired of DVD/CD media.
Yeah, honestly, I can't hear any difference in SQ from CD to iPod. It's nice not having to pack around and change CD's. Just plug and play and then get huggies. Just kidding.

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:14 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
It arrived today!

Its been at the local UPS hub since Friday morning... argh.

Looks to be a typical stout JVC unit. I dont care for the solid mount RCAs in the back (at all) but it will work. The display is fairly large. The volume knob is nice- I like the rubber ring on it, nice touch.

Im not exactly impressed with Crutchfield though. They claim the radio wont fit into my car so therefore I didnt get a fit kit. The funny damned thing is in their instructions they CLEARLY show the use of a fit kit but dont call it out. The reason pretty much all radio's wont fit into an Alero is the plastic behind the units, which we all cut out... The wiring harness is on back order and I guess I get that when I get it...

I think im going to call and complain about the fit kit. Its fairly shitty to say you give these out free and find a loop hole to get out of it. If it wont fit my car and your not sending me a fit kit, then why did they send me an antenna adapter and wiring harness???

:argh

I dont NEED the fit kit anyhow- but for someone buying into Crutchfield expecting such things, I would be mad.

I DO need the wiring harness. The one in use right now is a shitty Schosce thing with two different plugs. Im not recycling it...

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:23 pm
by Bwcad1
do you have the factory amp in? are you using factory wires and speakers? I have a standard GM32 pin i can send you that will work if your not using the factory shit.

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:29 pm
by MobileAudio219
They said the cd player wouldn't fit in my truck either, but they included the mounting kit and harness. I think there's a button you have to hit to get the free kit (I think I remember that, I could be wrong though.)

It's a pretty deep deck, but it fit (barely).

Call them and have them send the kit, I seriously doubt it'll be a problem!

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:44 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Ya I figured I would just shelf the fit kit.

Im cool on the harness Bill. Im just going to stop buy and pick up an American International one, they run $6 retail. Thats $4 less than the Metra ones wholesale... And are just as good...

Looking at what come with the unit, the Bongiovi software, Im a bit let down. If you read the sales pitch, the system is unique to each vehicle. I figured there was a test disc and some sort of a microphone.

Nope.

Just a disc to update the software to a generic "one size fits all" equalization.

Im going to see if the CD works in the computer or a way to open the file(s).

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:05 pm
by MobileAudio219
Ryan from Ohio wrote:Ya I figured I would just shelf the fit kit.

Im cool on the harness Bill. Im just going to stop buy and pick up an American International one, they run $6 retail. Thats $4 less than the Metra ones wholesale... And are just as good...

Looking at what come with the unit, the Bongiovi software, Im a bit let down. If you read the sales pitch, the system is unique to each vehicle. I figured there was a test disc and some sort of a microphone.

Nope.

Just a disc to update the software to a generic "one size fits all" equalization.

Im going to see if the CD works in the computer or a way to open the file(s).
I never used the cd. I just hit the button and tweaked it from there.