Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

sub shopping....again

All speaker/sub woofer related questions.
loudwagon15s
Senior Member
Posts: 888
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:58 pm
Location: Melbourne, Florida
Contact:

Post by loudwagon15s »

i've heard nothing but good things about dc, including rusty's excellent customer service, plus its a small company, not mainstream which i am a fan of.
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

Rusty is my G.
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Tim
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: 1060 W. Addison

Post by Tim »

okay I have confused myself yet again.

The amp I wanna run my sub with is the Autotek SM1-1500. Stable at 4 ohm, 2 ohms, 1 ohm.

The dc subs come in d4 or d2.

which one do I need??

Thanks

tim
"The opinions expressed in the preceding post are purely an opinion and not meant to be used as a reference. So if you screw something up because of something I said I will not and can not be held responsible". Thank you for understanding.
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

Well if you're looking at going with a single level 3 then I would go with the Dual 4... As 750w @ 2 ohm would push that sub perfect, plus with that amp it would give you the availability to add a second level 3 later if you so choose to give 750 to each (1500w total)... While DC under rates their subs 1500w for a single level 3 would be pushing it... If you were looking at a single level 4 then I would recommend the Dual 2 ohm as it would handle that 1500w.
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

cargodz wrote:Well if you're looking at going with a single level 3 then I would go with the Dual 4... As 750w @ 2 ohm would push that sub perfect, plus with that amp it would give you the availability to add a second level 3 later if you so choose to give 750 to each (1500w total)... While DC under rates their subs 1500w for a single level 3 would be pushing it... If you were looking at a single level 4 then I would recommend the Dual 2 ohm as it would handle that 1500w.
The level 3 would be fine with 1 ohm power from that amp ;)
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

^Probably, but I would risk it just to keep it warranty safe.
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

I would go for two of the AQ's for $280 and take the extra cone area...

They also will take that amp...

I know theres a DC boner in the house. But I wouldnt be blinded to these subs.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

Ryan from Ohio wrote:I would go for two of the AQ's for $280 and take the extra cone area...
They also will take that amp...
I know theres a DC boner in the house. But I wouldnt be blinded to these subs.

That's odd i haven't seen very many DC post's other than this one.
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Thats because this is the only post where someone is looking for subs...lol

No, but seriously... The AQ looks to be a good choice.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
loudwagon15s
Senior Member
Posts: 888
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:58 pm
Location: Melbourne, Florida
Contact:

Post by loudwagon15s »

humm, dont mean to thread jack, but i was lookin at the specs of your autotek sm1500, and onlinecarstereo has it for 170, but the mm-1500 does the same power (i know its a better amp) but still....it goes for 400, and for the same power output....?
Post Reply