Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Going to need some decent Replacement 12"s

All speaker/sub woofer related questions.
User avatar
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sullivan Missouri

Post by MobileAudio219 »

I dont think hes going for an all out sound quality install here. I think if he gets the L7 and takes his time and does a nice install he'll be happy with it.

It really is all in the install. My buddy has a 12w7, it sounds ok, nothing special. I know what the sub is capable of, I also know with him doing the install it'll never be anywhere close to where it could be.

I've also heard kicker comps sound pretty damn good, actually that install probably had the best sub sound stage I've ever heard (granted I havent heard alot of sound quality type set-ups.)

The point is, you give your average joe a nice sub, say JL w6, and then you give him a kicker L7, you probably wont see a big sound quality difference between the two...

I think it's really in your high end install where high end equiptment will really shine. And your right, gary biggs could probably make the L7 sound amazing, and your also right that he could make a W6, or any other sq subs sound even amazinger.

For your average joe though... Ehh, probably not a huge differnce.

Its been said a million times before, but bares repeating "it's all in the install"
JeremyC
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by JeremyC »

Yeah thas something that crossed my mind when I first read his post. As much as he would love the way that focal sub sounds, it might not be loud enough for him.
User avatar
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sullivan Missouri

Post by MobileAudio219 »

JeremyC wrote:Yeah thas something that crossed my mind when I first read his post. As much as he would love the way that focal sub sounds, it might not be loud enough for him.
Yeah, maybe, maybe not.

The L7 should do him well, theres always something better out there, but if its going to do what he wants it to do then thats all he really needs.
Post Reply