Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Installing a new sub

All speaker/sub woofer related questions.
User avatar
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sullivan Missouri

Post by MobileAudio219 »

Bwcad1 wrote:that bandpass thats pretty small is 4 2 8's and works well
It's a regular cab.
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

would fit behind the seats.
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
User avatar
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sullivan Missouri

Post by MobileAudio219 »

Bwcad1 wrote:would fit behind the seats.
Image

This one? Whats rough dimensions?
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

yea ill see if i can find that design and get back to yu
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
User avatar
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sullivan Missouri

Post by MobileAudio219 »

Bwcad1 wrote:yea ill see if i can find that design and get back to yu
That would be cool, if it fits and I use it I'll pay you for the design or whatever... :happy055:
Tim
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: 1060 W. Addison

Post by Tim »

MobileAudio219 wrote:That would be cool, if it fits and I use it I'll pay you for the design or whatever... :happy055:

that is what you kept promising me.* wipes away a tear*

Tim
User avatar
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sullivan Missouri

Post by MobileAudio219 »

Tim wrote:that is what you kept promising me.* wipes away a tear*
Tim
lol, I'd rather owe it to you, then cheat you out of it...
Tim
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: 1060 W. Addison

Post by Tim »

MobileAudio219 wrote:lol, I'd rather owe it to you, then cheat you out of it...
Hey that is cool I can respect that

Tim
User avatar
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sullivan Missouri

Post by MobileAudio219 »

Tim wrote:Hey that is cool I can respect that
Tim

I'll give it to you twice tomorrow, then we can just call it even.
falkenbd
Senior Member
Posts: 932
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:39 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Post by falkenbd »

ok, so we threw the TW-12 in a sealed box that I had laying around (was a box for a 10 but we cut the hole larger).

It was getting exactly 300 watts RMS, the sealed box was probably larger than ideal.

It sounded very good on music, played a 40 hz test tone and stuff was falling off the walls in the garage. Sampled some different music before I left to come home, very pleased with the performance of the sub, especially with the price (thanks to Cargodz for the recommendation)

I can't wait to hear this thing in the ported box that I'm going to be building.

It looks very well built as well, very heavy duty surround, and nice looking cone.
Post Reply