Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Clarion Center Channel

All speaker/sub woofer related questions.
User avatar
NorthQuad
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1183
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 8:00 am
Location: Alberta, Canada

Post by NorthQuad »

Haha, ok, I'll keep the fultron buried.

The deck is a Panasonic CQ-DFX983U. I'm not sure if it has internal x-overs. It has high definition bass options and choices between 80-120hz for the sub or something like that.

And I'll make the switch to high for the 6.5's. Thanks for the tip. I thought the crossover that came with the 6.5's would handle all the... well... whatever crossovers do.
JeremyC
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by JeremyC »

tomcat you can do it with one or two, thats all up to you.

Don't waist your money on one of the ones you listed. The seas and peerless are 1/2 the price, and are way better drivers.

Northquad the x-over that came with your 6.5s only works to blend the mid and the tweet. It doesn't do anything to protect the mid from receiving to low a freq.

Search the forum for info on x-overs. I have done a few post about how they work, and what they do.

Also check http://www.bcae.com there is a ton of info about x-overs and stuff there.

Ok I looked up your deck and it doesn't have a built in x-over, except fo the sub out.

So we will have to use your amps.

For now set your sub amp to 80 hettz or below LPF and your 6.5s at 80 or higher HPF. If either of the amps give you a choice for 12 or 24 db set them both to 24.

Once you get the 8s in, you will want to raise your 6.5s to around 300 herts,

Set the subs to 60 LPF

The mid bass to 80 HPF and we will need a second x-over to set at 250 LPF

Now we just need to find you a x-over.
tomcat
Senior Member
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:41 am
Location: G.R. Area,MI

Post by tomcat »

Ok then if I go with the Peerless do they need to be in a box or do the doors provide enough of a seal? And would one way be better than another?
JeremyC
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by JeremyC »

Its a matter of what their motor is designed for. The peerless are designed for infinite baffle, and yes you do need to sound dampen the door and seel it off the best you can.

Look at the install pics from my car, and you will see a picture of how I prepped my doors.
User avatar
NorthQuad
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1183
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 8:00 am
Location: Alberta, Canada

Post by NorthQuad »

dayum... this shoit can get complicated.
Post Reply