Page 15 of 36

compare

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:02 am
by CleverCynic
When I first got the SX, I strongly considered just taking out my alpines altogether. The alpines are awesome, don't get me wrong, it's just the RE subs are something magical and the SQ from it isn't lacking at all. In fact RE calls the two setups SQ and SQL instead of SPL. Now I know why.

They are all 12's. I sort of accidentally bought the SX 12 on ebay with a dollar higher bid and never got outbid in the last 2 hours even though I was really looking for a 15. I think someday I'll replace it with an XXX 15". I've never had the pleasure of hearing one but I can only imagine.

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:04 am
by sinister audio
youll have to wait till the new XXX 15 comes then youll really like it.

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:13 am
by CleverCynic
oh yeah, but I hear they're gonna be like a grand... right now I've only got about $750 in all my current subs put together! (course it'll probably be louder than all of them too)

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:15 am
by High Society
oh yeah, but I hear they're gonna be like a grand
over on their forum at SIN the list price that was floating around was that the 15 would cost $650.

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:23 am
by Bwcad1
u sure those were for the new models? im pretty sure they were gonna be around a grand.

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:25 am
by High Society
u sure those were for the new models? im pretty sure they were gonna be around a grand.
Yep, what the RE guy said was that they would cost 100-150 more then the old XXX's

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:29 am
by Bwcad1
im gonna call my rep back at re cause he told me otherwise and now that im sponsored by them i should get the right answer.

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:34 am
by sinister audio
list price is like 900 so i dont know what direct price will be but ill be sell them around here for around 725

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:39 am
by High Society
list price is like 900 so i dont know what direct price will be but ill be sell them around here for around 725
I'm gonna keep in touch, and I'll even met you have way to buy one :)

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:39 am
by High Society
or maybe Bill can get me one cheaper, cuz where on a TEAM