Page 2 of 3
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:59 pm
by Scarrell
the Red Green Show kicked F'ing ass!! is that even on the air anymore? anyways.. thats sad that they do their installs that way, i wonder why they did that.. and didnt members of Alpine and JBL help them on a build or two? i wonder if they did jobs like that with them around.. hmm.. sadness..
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:03 pm
by joeyc
hell no, I bet when gary biggs was on there it was a good install. I also heard through the grapevine that biggs said reme(?) is a damn good installer. So it has to be that punk Castro causing all that crap. Thats terrible!! I don't even use duct tape on an install and I'm an Okie! I do carry a roll of it in my truck though

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:24 am
by Robert Wollenberg
I never even considered using duct tape on an install. I have used plumbers tape for a few things. And even an occassional piece of electrical tape. Although, one role of electrical tape lasts me like 10 years or more. Unless I loose it before then. Oh and zip ties. I like to zip tie things. lol.
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:12 am
by cargodz
Scarrell wrote:the Red Green Show kicked F'ing ass!! is that even on the air anymore?
I don't know about cable, but it's on PBS
Airforceyooper wrote:Oh and zip ties. I like to zip tie things
Hell yeah on the zip ties... one of my favorite install accessories

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:37 am
by smoker
i use the shit out of tape, but then again, i do an assload of remote starts and i always tape the wires up into a "harness" so there arent wires every wherre....id say i use like 10 rolls on a good week....
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:56 am
by Bwcad1
you guys should get hooked up with my distributor. yesterday i got a deliver and it came with a playboy!
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:21 am
by Robert Wollenberg
Oh damn ... I bet I know who they are. They used to pack our shit with pornos. lmao!!! No shit. And when you call them, all the girls who answer the phone are named April or March, and mention their calendar. damn those were good days.
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:56 am
by CaptainPioneer
Didn't this topic come up before? I seem to remember chiming in about this.
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:36 pm
by OnYrMrk
I had to fire my installer, I found Ducttape on the back of my crossovers at a show...and I nearly lost because of that.
But now I have a better installer, one who will go to Finals with me this year. As we take both our vehicles.
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:56 pm
by slick94prix
smoker wrote:i use the shit out of tape, but then again, i do an assload of remote starts and i always tape the wires up into a "harness" so there arent wires every wherre....id say i use like 10 rolls on a good week....
Same here. On a normal remote start, I will use atleast a roll of electrical tape, if not more. We go through a box of 10 rolls of electrical tape about every 3-4 days. Lots of remote starts, and in general, just lots of stuff that needs to be hardwired in.