Page 2 of 3

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:33 pm
by thebigo
Well I got my radio back about 2 weeks ago, and it worked fine, but I'm having the same problem again and I'm going to have to bring it back... Any thoughts and what the problem can be? They replaced the pin connector last time I brought it in...

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:27 pm
by Tim
You may want to make sure the faceplate is fitting securely. And one other thing I can think is reseting the unit. My Alpine wigged on me a couple summers ago and resetting was all it needed. May help, may not.
And also make sure the slot the gold plated pins plug into is in good shape, I think this may have already been suggested though.

Tim

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:37 pm
by thebigo
It fits just like it normally does and the gold platted pins just got replaced... By reseting the unit do you mean just unhooking the battery and hooking it back up?

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:08 pm
by Tim
No, there should be a reset button on the deck itself, some are on the faceplate, some are in the back of the unit. You may have to consult your owners manual. Whichever the case, you'll know the reset button because of it's size and it'll be recessed back a bit. You'll need a tiny screwdriver or a paper clip to press it. As I said before may help may not, but it is worth a shot.

Tim

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:59 pm
by thebigo
Well i just brought it back to the repair shop, it's still free for them to fix it so i just have to go radioless for a while...

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:01 pm
by Tim
Yeah let them keep it till it's fixed. It sucks to be without a radio, but you appreciate it more when you get it back.

Tim

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:52 pm
by thebigo
Well, **** PIONEER! I went to put my stereo in today, and what a surprise, I had the same problem that has been "repaired" multiple times already... WTF! This is unbelievable! This problem keeps coming back

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:35 pm
by Bwcad1
Clean the contacts on the back of the face plate 9/10 ten that works

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:03 pm
by thebigo
I've tried that every time... It still doesn't work... It's ok though because Pioneer may replace my h/u after I send them the 2 repair receipts.

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:57 pm
by Chris from Washington
thebigo wrote:I've tried that every time... It still doesn't work... It's ok though because Pioneer may replace my h/u after I send them the 2 repair receipts.
I have an Alpine that does something similar.

What I think the problem is, that there is a trace or solder joint on the circuit board inside the faceplace that is cracked or not making good contact.

Since faceplates get so much abuse by removing and replacing over and over. I think as you mess around with it, you sometimes make the needed contacts, other times you don't.

At least that's what I think is wrong with mine, the display will go out, controls won't work but the radio still goes like it's on.