Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
great! now my headunit is broken!
-
brisgreat1
- Senior Member
- Posts: 485
- Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 7:43 pm
- Location: philly, pa
Well my ground wire isnt actually grounded, it's just looped in with the harness ground wire instead of being actually grounded. Nvm I think my harness ground wire, the one that my head unit groun wire loops into, is grounded like 6 inches back... didn't notice. Anyways am working on the head unit tmrw! Even if it doesnt work I have the comfort of knowing I can swap my 880PRS for 100$ sony xplod!!! Things are looking better alrdy -.-
swapping an 880 for a Sony xplode a looking up moment?
Maybe as a temporary till the 880 gets fixed, but I wouldn't count it as a trade up.
Maybe as a temporary till the 880 gets fixed, but I wouldn't count it as a trade up.
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
So it wouldnt work given a different ground?
I installed mine in the saturn and I didnt give it its own ground. i went right with the wiring harness. I turned my internal amp OFF too! Just make sure you didnt do that somehow.
Im still trying to learn this deck. Its layout isnt the best. Also the face doesnt feel secure when using the multifunction control.
I installed mine in the saturn and I didnt give it its own ground. i went right with the wiring harness. I turned my internal amp OFF too! Just make sure you didnt do that somehow.
Im still trying to learn this deck. Its layout isnt the best. Also the face doesnt feel secure when using the multifunction control.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
-
brisgreat1
- Senior Member
- Posts: 485
- Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 7:43 pm
- Location: philly, pa
Well I wired up a friends head unit, a working head unit, and no power to head unit... So my 880 isn't defective. Hmmmm...!! I'm gonna look at my fuses and see if anything is burnt out or look at some wires. I remember when I first pulled my head unit out I really tugged on something. At the time I didn't think much of it, but it's the only real lead I have atm.
And the sony xplod head unit was sarcasm!
The head unit worked both amplified and non amplified. The problem is I can't even get power to it. I think something electrical is wrong. I'll have a look after I can finish up all my damn homework and studies
And the sony xplod head unit was sarcasm!
The head unit worked both amplified and non amplified. The problem is I can't even get power to it. I think something electrical is wrong. I'll have a look after I can finish up all my damn homework and studies
-
brisgreat1
- Senior Member
- Posts: 485
- Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 7:43 pm
- Location: philly, pa
More than one of my lights on the middle dash console are out. The lights have been out a while though, I don't think those instances relate to the head unit problem. This is exactly what happened though, I'll go step by step. I pulled into my driveway playing my music on STD. I had a sudden urge to try to improve my audio using the active crossover. I pulled my head unit, although I had to tug it out. It felt like a wire had been pulled out of wherever it was plugged into. When I switched to NW and reset my head unit the head unit wouldn't recieve power. That's basically where I'm at now. I haven't spent like anytime at all with my audio for awhile now since I've been working, dealing with my g/f more, and school just started. So I've had like no time to examine anything. I think a wire just got pulled out, but I don't know. If it was a fuse, why would the fuse go out 5 minutes after it was playing.
Dead fuses are black right? I'm going to check my dash fuses after I finish some homework.
Dead fuses are black right? I'm going to check my dash fuses after I finish some homework.
You know sometimes fuses just "pop" and it could be bad timing... also make sure you check them with at least a test light, cause sometimes they bust on the sides and it's not visible... but if you think you tugged a wire, then chances are you may have so I'd double check all that either way.
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
-
brisgreat1
- Senior Member
- Posts: 485
- Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 7:43 pm
- Location: philly, pa
I don't get it, there are no loose wires. I can't really distinguish a working fuse from a blown fuse so... my head unit has been sitting in my house for like a week, I don't know why it would make a difference, but I'm going to try rewiring it up. If anyone has ANY suggestions to help this situation please let me know. My head unit was working one minute, five minutes later, not working. Not just my head unit, but a friends head unit also. Why can't I get power to my head units? I'm so damn puzzled.
-
CaptainPioneer
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 3389
- Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
- Location: Monroe, CT
- Contact:
i have a feeling i know what happend... This happend on a friends unit in a prior install that I did... Try running a new set of power, ACC, and Ground wires... I did that for his and found out it wasnt a fuse rather that the wire got shorted out... The ACC to be exact... Check that... Ive done it a couple times. Ill provide a link to that thread when i get a chance...
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura

