Page 2 of 2
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:09 pm
by smoker
i was a manager at home depot for almost 6 years. what i can tell you about corporate america is the reason this guy has made it as far as he has is because he cant see whats wrong here. these are the same companies that give vp's bonuses in the millions of dollars and then tell you that the most they can afford to give is a 4% increase in pay because sales are down across the board. i found myself in a position where i was almost topped out in the position i was in and it was of no economic benefit for me to take a promotion, a promo would have involved a salaried 55 hour work week, i was making 36 a year and usually stayed right at or around 40 hours and the salaried job only paid 42000 a year to start. so, i left.....someone with a mindset toward entrpreneurialism can make it about halfway up the ladder at best, then you better be a corporate minded person or find some where else to go.
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:38 am
by cargodz
Well here's the update on the morning after... suprisingly I feel pretty damn good considering I made it through 9 Guinness, 1 Killians, and that bottle of 151 is now nothing more than an empty bottle in the trash.
I still crashed early though (around 8ish), but that's cause I was a lil tipsy

lol... and the dogs were nice enough to let me sleep until 6AM (It'll take them a lil longer to get use to the later wake up then me).
I'm chalking this one up to a good drunk night at home

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:39 am
by William from NOLA
Damn man. That's a lot!
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:23 am
by swimmerdude
you crazy old man!!
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:10 am
by cargodz
Well I guess it just goes to show that I can still hold my own since I usually don't have any more than 6-10 beers a week

lol
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:05 am
by solacedagony
cargodz wrote:Well I guess it just goes to show that I can still hold my own since I usually don't have any more than 6-10 beers a week

lol
Good to see you're staying positive about it and doing something productive with your new time! :happy055: haha
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:30 am
by cargodz
It was SOooo Nice to not have to worry about my bed time and sleep till 7AM
