Page 2 of 3

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:25 pm
by swimmerdude
you need some 4g power wire in there bro. 8g can just not hold the amount of current that both of those amps will be pulling.

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:26 pm
by Wattage
So damn, I have to buy bigger wires? lol I'm getting a headache now. Back to best buy I go lol! How much do 4g runs for?

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:31 pm
by swimmerdude
Best Buy WILL overcharge you for 4g wire. Around $1/ft. should be what 4g should cost. http://www.knukonceptz.com has some good wire. They have 2 different wires. The lower of the 2 wires is the KLM. It is just good wire, decent thickness, but not all copper. The Kolossus is very good wire. It is pretty darn thick and is full copper.

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:37 pm
by Wattage
swimmerdude wrote:Best Buy WILL overcharge you for 4g wire. Around $1/ft. should be what 4g should cost. http://www.knukonceptz.com has some good wire. They have 2 different wires. The lower of the 2 wires is the KLM. It is just good wire, decent thickness, but not all copper. The Kolossus is very good wire. It is pretty darn thick and is full copper.
SWEET! thanks bro, I'm going to order another kit right off of that site now, should I grab me a distribution blocks? Which one would you suggest?

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:51 pm
by swimmerdude
Just buy these two...
BC-1448 Kompression Distribution Block
PB-1448 Power/Ground Distribution Block
they are the cheapest and do all you need.

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:54 pm
by loudwagon15s

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:59 pm
by Wattage
Alright thanks guys, I really appreciate the help... I will hit you guys with pics when everything is rewired and installed correctly... I'll rep you guys for the help! :)

THANKS GUYS!

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:15 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
lmao @ Kicker... I cant believe they are putting max watt numbers on thier amps...

Ya I seen that power wire also :surprised

I just got some of the KLM cable in and ran it. Seems good so far, no real complaints.

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:23 pm
by swimmerdude
Those arent kicker amps Ryan!!! When is the last time you have ever seen Kicker make chrome amps?? Those are Kole amps.... with Kicker stickers on the endcaps.

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:29 pm
by Wattage
Yeah I put the stickers on there lol... Just for the hell of it.