Page 2 of 3

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:45 am
by CaptainPioneer
Personally, If i was ever going to do a Nitrous set up... First off... Even though a Wet Setup is optimally better for performance... I would stick to a Air Intake Dry System only because its not insanely out there as far as performance goes and like CarGodz said... If its done wrong you can blow ur motor.

From what i understand, you should upgrade your Pistons, Crank, Seals, And Gaskets and INtake Manifold to accomodate for the extra ignition....

This is all i really know from watching HP TV on the Speed Network lol

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:10 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Well the 07 GP's have a 3800, or a 3800 super charged. He obviously doesnt have the V8.

Anyhow...

If Im understanding him right, I think what he is calling a super charger pulley is simply the pulley on the crankshaft. Some places make this pulley and call it an "under drive" pulley. It simply spins the accessories slower and is less drag on the crank.

If your motor is already supercharged, you cant turbo it :p Mike covered that.

If its jsut the standard 3800 I wouldnt even consider turbo'ing it. The block just like all GM blocks can take much PSI...

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:03 pm
by Astaldoath
cargodz wrote:Hold it a second... Am I reading this right?
You have a superchargered motor... correct?
And you want to put a Turbocharger on it?
Sorry son, but that rooster don't fly.
And if you plan on making the rest of those mods (besides the turbo), you're definately gonna want to get better oil in that puppy...
And wet systems have come a long way in the last few years and will work much better with a forced air induction system (a.k.a. supercharger or turbo)... The only perfectly safe Nitrous system is one that you don't put on your vehicle... And keep in mind I AM A BOTTLE BABY :) , so basically what I'm saying is "If you put nitrous on your car, doesn't matter if it's wet or dry, if it's done wrong, then bye-bye motor."... so make sure a professional that is familiar with nitrous puts it on as I've seen to many kids try and throw a 150 shot on a stock Civic and I'm sure you know the results of that.

Please refer to this link all who are saying I cannot turbo my supercharged motor. And no the pulley is the pulley on the super charger. Im not a pro but i did look into this before i start talking shit and risk looking like an asshole.
http://www.3800performance.com/Merchant ... ct_Count=0

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:13 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
$3,200?

All for what? A little more speed? less gas mileage? Higher chance of blowing up your motor?

I cant see it. But then again many people cant understand the investment most of us make in Audio...

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:15 pm
by Astaldoath
Ryan from Ohio wrote:$3,200?
All for what? A little more speed? less gas mileage? Higher chance of blowing up your motor?
I cant see it. But then again many people cant understand the investment most of us make in Audio...
Im not gonna turbo it until i need to rebuild my engine so i can make sure everything is up to par lol. Yes i invest a lot in audio too so im right there with ya.

infact im not gonna do cam, head, crank or anything that involves dismantling my engine until it needs or almost needs done. Cause if i plan on hitting 500+ hp ill need a new tranny anyway :D

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:18 pm
by Chris from MI
Hell, just buy an LS2 and cram that bitch in there. Then you can push almost 600HP on stock internals and be safe.

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:54 pm
by cargodz
Ok, Now I see... The kit actually ditches the use of the factory supercharger, making it basically a 3800 that gets Turbocharged as a conversion... Although I can appreciate their effort in designing something like this... You hav to admit, kinda defeats the purpose of buying a supercharged 3800.

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:48 am
by Astaldoath
cargodz wrote:Ok, Now I see... The kit actually ditches the use of the factory supercharger, making it basically a 3800 that gets Turbocharged as a conversion... Although I can appreciate their effort in designing something like this... You hav to admit, kinda defeats the purpose of buying a supercharged 3800.
hahaha yeah nevermind, I just saw the words "Block off plate". I doubt ill do that then hehehe.

If i can hit 350 hp without engine work ill be happy.

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:39 am
by GlassWolf
bigger fuel injectors, higher rate fuel pump, and if you want to boost octane, you need to use Toluene.
http://www.elektro.com/~audi/toluene/

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:41 am
by GlassWolf
also, free flow exhaust and header(s), and gasket match your head(s) and intake.
gasket matching the TB and headers doesn't hurt either.