Page 2 of 2

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:42 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
2.5-3 cubes looks nice on the graph.

Tuning from 32-36 is a good place to be.

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:46 pm
by swimmerdude
kiyoshi wrote:lol my bad, didnt catch the 35 hz part, just the 2.75 cuft :p
alright then....

whatever you do, dont tune below 32hz because you will be tuning below the fs of the sub.

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:49 pm
by kiyoshi
yeah, i calculated a box on re's site and got 2.65 @ 34 hz. ill probably go with that. Thanks for the help guys. I can always depend on this forum for the best info.

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:07 pm
by Bwcad1
i put the pro on 4000 watts but i knew exactly where it clipped and i know what im doing most people dont. gots to remember that mookie

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:56 pm
by swimmerdude
thats exactly why i said we wont get into that ;)

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:15 pm
by smoker
since when is the ss1000.1d a class a/b amp?

and realistically unless your alternator is spun by hamsters it shouldnt matter

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:30 pm
by cargodz
smoker wrote:the problem dropping it into a prefab will start with the opening, the pro is an oversized12 and wont fit a standard 12" hole, then its gonna be the thickness of the material the box is made with, and the tuning and so on and so on......
I was gonna interject that till I saw that Terry put it up :thumbsup
And I guess I don't really need to chime in now... except to say don't forget about sub displacement ;)