Page 2 of 2
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:21 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Goto the grocery store. Some items I used to pay $3 for now is $3.50...
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:29 pm
by jonnyb
time to ask for a raise at work!
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:00 am
by cargodz
The reason that the price of MDF went up is because the price of glue went up do to slacking sales towards the end of the season and through the off season. Menards building materials manager told me that he hopes it goes back down a little towards the end of spring (but I'm not keeping my hopes up)... Also this is a little known fact on the same and commodity items (like lumber), but Menards has a policy that they don't advertise or mention to customers... If you find it somewhere else cheaper (within the region), then if you ask for them to not only price match it, but also knock 11% Off... They will

, but you have to ask for it and they will double check the price of the competition that you state is cheaper.
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:44 pm
by brownbob06
sweet. thanks. Mike, where are you from? (town specifically)
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:05 pm
by qlc1964
the mdf is a little longer than 8 ft thats your extra cost

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:06 am
by cargodz
brownbob06 wrote:sweet. thanks. Mike, where are you from? (town specifically)
I'm just outside of Holland on Angola Rd.... and only 2 miles away from Menards.
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:27 am
by brownbob06
Do you know Brian Lomeli? I think he used to work there.
(he got fired a while ago, had to have surgery and since he already had lates they told him they just had to let him go)
(Holland is by Toledo right?)
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:43 am
by cargodz
Yeah, Holland is right outside of Toledo... You know where Spring Meadows shopping center is... That's Holland... and I live right across from where they have the Strawberry Festival every year.
As far as Brian, Not totally sure. If he worked mornings I'm sure I'd remember his face, but we have a ton of turnover in morning people so it's hard to remember all the names.
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:24 pm
by Kriszilla
If you can't find MDF, see if any of the yards carry "Truepan". It's got the properties and strength of MDF, but it's approx 25% lighter. It is a little more expensive though but well worth it, especially on larger builds.