Page 2 of 6
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:17 pm
by bigbassman
High Society wrote:Thanks I found my system, Ive been looking for awhile, and in less then a day I have all my questions answered. The $69 dollars for the 12" I saw in the prices thread. Will the JBL amp be fine for the 8"s, Ive never thought of 8"s getting so loud. Theres a local dealer here that I can talk to about building the box, how much would that run me? Also, were could I buy the RE's at, straight from there site?
any amp rated 200-600 watts will be plenty for those 8's...
I have 1850 watts on tap for my 18...
Marshall @ visionary is still working on getting his new site up, but you can call him direct (901)574-2119 between 6-10:30 central time Monday - Friday
one of my top dogs, and very good to deal with..
and don't let that dealer jerk you around saying 8's can't play low, or get loud... :)
Loyd L.
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:29 pm
by High Society
Lol, I wonder what he will say, when I come asking for a box made for four 8"s. Iam sure if he says anything, after he hears it he wont say nething. What about an amp, 4 channel, right? Or will a 2 channel will work?? I herd about there great shipping from visonary too, Iam sure shipping will be a lot tho if i buy 4 tho right?
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:30 pm
by High Society
1850 on tap nice by the way

Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:44 pm
by bigbassman
High Society wrote:Lol, I wonder what he will say, when I come asking for a box made for four 8"s. Iam sure if he says anything, after he hears it he wont say nething. What about an amp, 4 channel, right? Or will a 2 channel will work?? I herd about there great shipping from visonary too, Iam sure shipping will be a lot tho if i buy 4 tho right?
I suggest a good mono, or 2 channel amp.... 4 channel will be too much hassle to work with on 6 woofers...
basically, I'd look for a 2 channel- 4 ohm mono stable amp, or a 2 ohm stable mono amp.. that would be the easiest way to power them..
High Society wrote:1850 on tap nice by the way
yeah.. it does these quite nicely...
http://www.soundillusions.net/coppermin ... finals.jpg
:)
Loyd L.
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:49 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Is that duct tape around the subs?
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:51 pm
by High Society
:s_thumbup

Damn son, I counted 18 of em??, what does that sound like lol. Thats redick! What is that in anyway?
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm
by High Society
Ive just noticed that duct tape.
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:55 pm
by audiobass10
Yea it's duct tape..helps air from leaking between the woofer and the baffle.
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:59 pm
by bigbassman
yes.. that shot was taken at MECA / IASCA World Finals by a photographer for Performance Auto Sound Magazine... the ductape gained me .4 db... lil thing we stumbled onto during a test session back in the spring of 04, and after we posted the results, everyone started doing it..
it was built for Daily use, back in Jan of 04, and results captured here..
http://forum.soundillusions.net/showthread.php?t=45977
14.5 cuft , 170 sq inches of port, tuned to 33hz... its in a 1990 Pontiac Grand Prix, 4 door...
after metering the setup, it was way too loud to not compete with, so I did 10 shows or so in 04, became WV State Champion in SPL, and SQ.. and finished with a 2nd place in 2 SPL classes, and 6th in SQ at world finals..
it sounds extremely good, and will literally rip your head off... 151 db @ ear level @ 40hz on the new termlab...
Loyd L.
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:06 pm
by High Society
What made you pick them 8's??