Page 2 of 2

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:56 pm
by William from NOLA
lotas wrote:can someone please tell me the benefit of having 4v vs. 2v. My guess is that it supplies more power to the amp and in return the amp performs better. let me know?
The higher the voltage, the cleaner the signal reaches the amp by rejecting noise and interference, so it in turn becomes the dominant wavelength.

Now for the amp's other viewpoint, it does not have to boost the signal (adding distortion and noise) to give decent output. However if you give the amp more than it can handle, the signal clips because the amp is being given more than it can handle.

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:27 am
by Ryan from Ohio
The KD-AR7000 Does NOT have the touch screen. I was looking into that model but decided against it.

-I dont like the idea of poking at the screen I have to look at.
-I like the display better (Color OEL screen)

The 7000 Has 5V pre outs.

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:30 pm
by lotas
i was looking forward to it but i think the Clarion DXz845MRC is out because of the 2v preouts...i didnt know they played that big of a role in the sound.

I want to have this ordered by friday...looking at:
pioneer deh-8600mp
that jvc700
Alpine CDA-9847 or Alpine CDA-9851

although the alpines dont really jump out at me too much, or appeal to me too much...seems like they just have the basic features...except for whatever BassEngine is.


how important exactly is a good HU? you always hear how the best speakers in the world can sound horrible unless you have a nice amp. does the same apply to the HU in the sense that the best amp in the world will sound horrible without a decent HU?

what im trying to get at is I only want to buy one headunit for the next two years or so...so direct me that way

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:11 am
by Ryan from Ohio
I think all choices listed are good ones.

After owning Alpine, Clarion, Kenwood, Pioneer and JVC Head Units I like the JVC the best.

Clarions were alright, but I just like the sound of the JVC better.

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:35 pm
by lotas
do you think its worth it/neccessary to upgrade to the premier 860 with the higher voltage preouts? the pioneer has 4v but the premier has 6v. what do you tihnk?

the only problem is i cannot find any trusted store that sells the premiers. crutchfield/sounddomain dont sell them. i want to buy authorized.

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:59 pm
by Mithrandir
Eh personally i like the 8600 better than the premier, it like the features more, thats what im gettin for my next deck

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:14 am
by Ryan from Ohio
For premeir you will have to goto an actual store.