Page 2 of 2

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:46 am
by cargodz
JeremyC wrote:1000 for a W6V2 is over double the msrp. I bet the price for the 13W7 somehow ended up on the W6s box (or something of the sort)
Ouch!!!... $1000 has got to be a mistake... did you ask about it or just see the tag on the product?
And it is said that some companies mark stuff up over msrp... one of my competitors out here would do a lot better if he just asked retail... but I'm not complaining :happy055:
And I do have to agree with Bill on this one... Lots of us get killed tryin to compete with an unauthorized web retailer. I here this all the time: "Can you beat the price I found on E-bay?". Don't get me wrong ebay is a great medium, but when it comes right down to it... ebay and other unauthorized web retailers are on thier own existance... I'd rather be personable and offer assistance and service :thumbsup
Not tryin to add to any drama here... just my 2 cents :p

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:47 am
by JeremyC
Guess what happens if JL catches them. No more dealership. I am sure some do it, but by law they can not give you the full JL warranty. They might offer their own warranty, but if their selling JL illeagly who says they will honor it.

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:50 am
by GlassWolf
suleman, that 'warranty' is through the store, not JL.
If JL catches them at it, and they often do, JL pulls their license to sell their products.

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:19 am
by suleman36
Yeah your right, but people save hundreds of dollars doing it that way and are covered. I agree that its always the best to go to a dealer who will take care of you after the sale and know the product etc....

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:30 am
by Bwcad1
i dont know about that hunderds of dollars comment. u try getting one of the online dealers to warranty something. u wont have a sub for 3 months if they even warranty it in the first place

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:46 pm
by Darthness
if you don't have a problem with knwoing that if something's wrong with what you buy may not be fixed or replaced, i see no major issue. specially if there isn't a dealer in your area.i also don't see how it takes money from a dealer in your area or hurts their sales.. if i'im browsing some online site not specifically looking for something and say "hey thats a great deal, i think i'll buy it" i don't se ehow that hurts a dealer considering i never even thought about buyig it until i saw the online deal.


maybe i'm just weird though.

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:54 pm
by cargodz
Darthness wrote:if you don't have a problem with knwoing that if something's wrong with what you buy may not be fixed or replaced, i see no major issue. specially if there isn't a dealer in your area.i also don't see how it takes money from a dealer in your area or hurts their sales.. if i'im browsing some online site not specifically looking for something and say "hey thats a great deal, i think i'll buy it" i don't se ehow that hurts a dealer considering i never even thought about buyig it until i saw the online deal.


maybe i'm just weird though.
Bill and I were (or at least I was) reffering to the people that actually know what they want and then go to the local dealer and try to get a better price.
If your just out cruizin the net and find a great deal and aren't worried about warranties, installs, or just general knowledge of the product... I got no problems with you...... But DON'T come to me and ask me to beat an ebay price... that's where I get touchy :argh

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:08 pm
by MobileAudio219
Bwcad1 wrote:drama much? lol. u can get people links all you want. but dont forget there are some of us with buisnesses doing it because we love it not for the money.
Yeah, for double the msrp I would say somebody is a little money hungery!

I'm sorry but sometimes shops can be retarded when it comes to there prices.. I buy online just so I dont have to deal with the retards at my local shop. When I go in asking for a certain item dont try directing me to something better for x2 the money...

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:32 pm
by Darthness
cargodz wrote:Bill and I were (or at least I was) reffering to the people that actually know what they want and then go to the local dealer and try to get a better price.
If your just out cruizin the net and find a great deal and aren't worried about warranties, installs, or just general knowledge of the product... I got no problems with you...... But DON'T come to me and ask me to beat an ebay price... that's where I get touchy :argh
oh yeah i do agree with you there.