Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

So now that Eclipse's quality has officially

Post all your general car audio questions here.
sinister audio
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Contact:

Post by sinister audio »

i have an eclipse 8443 (your cdplayers little bro) and that is one of the best decks i have ever owned. i have had it repaired twice 1 was from an accident and the other the deck crapped out. it costs like 127 or something to get it fixed everytime but its worth it and if it craps out again ill get it fixed again. id probaly get a mcintosh but other than that i dont think id ever get a differnt brand. but for the money panasonics are one of the bests out there.
joeyc
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1703
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:15 pm
Location: Tulsa

Post by joeyc »

solacedagony wrote:Some Eclipse carriers may still have 8455's, which is basically a 2005 version of the 8445, I believe.
The 8455 is the big brother to the 8445, much more x-over and time alignment control..plus 3 more bands of peq. I have the 8445 right now as well and I have had absolutely no problems whatsoever!!! The only thing I don't like about it, and some other eclipse owners I know have said this as well, is that the knobs are extremely sensitive at times. This may be the problem you are having, not sure. It is a great HU imo...
As far as the new eclipse hu's, what is wrong with them? other than the cd7000 having 5 volts they are still great decks! the cd5000, basically the same exact thing as the 8445, still has the 8 volts but with different knobs I believe.
Scarrell wrote:Eclipse i like.. easy to use, but i dont know if they have stepped up to the mp3 world?
mine has played all the different types of audio compression formats I have thrown at it.
Morel Elate 3-ways ran by a Genesis Series III Dual-mono, Morel Ultimo ran by an Autotek mm3000.1, Alpine DVA-9861

JC's Customs
For all your stereo wants.......
Justin from Detroit1
Junior Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Location: Detroit

Post by Justin from Detroit1 »

Just received mine today!
two4fifteen
Senior Member
Posts: 774
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:00 am
Location: detroit

Post by two4fifteen »

then throw that baby in and let us know how it measures up! im very interested, especially if the mic and auto eq proves more than just a gimmick.
joeyc
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1703
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:15 pm
Location: Tulsa

Post by joeyc »

I am curious though, are all of the time alignment and peq functions auto? Can you not do them manually?
Morel Elate 3-ways ran by a Genesis Series III Dual-mono, Morel Ultimo ran by an Autotek mm3000.1, Alpine DVA-9861

JC's Customs
For all your stereo wants.......
Justin from Detroit1
Junior Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Location: Detroit

Post by Justin from Detroit1 »

I dunno, I have only just looked at it lol.
joeyc
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1703
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:15 pm
Location: Tulsa

Post by joeyc »

I know they promote that "auto" this and "auto" that, which is probably a great feature! But I would like the ability to play around with those settings manually as well, I am sure you can understand that! Let me know how you like the peq and time alignment on that hu, I am curious...
Morel Elate 3-ways ran by a Genesis Series III Dual-mono, Morel Ultimo ran by an Autotek mm3000.1, Alpine DVA-9861

JC's Customs
For all your stereo wants.......
User avatar
OnYrMrk
Posts: 2864
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Moore, Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by OnYrMrk »

That is why I love the "Pro Mode" of the 8455. You can design your time alignment and place the center almost dead center for both front seats. If anything, it widens the image and makes it seem more lifelike. I too want to know how it goes with this new pioneer you just received Justin. Please keep me updated. Thanks.

Joe
IASCA Certified SQ Judge
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
Scarrell
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Carmi, Illinois

Post by Scarrell »

i thought Eclipse wasnt doing the mp3 thing a couple years ago or so? after i heard that i lost interest, great hu's but mp3 is important to me.. if you got that HU i will be jealous too Justin, i want it.
Justin from Detroit1
Junior Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Location: Detroit

Post by Justin from Detroit1 »

Oh I did get it, and it is beautiful :)
Post Reply