Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Kicker L5 vs. L7
-
Worst Nightmare
- Member
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:21 pm
- Location: Austin, TX
I know, I edited it to be a little more understanding. Just tired of other sites and critics of what folks think to be good sound from their prospective. Personally, I've liked Kicker products (even though they're now made in china) for awhile.
My original question was for someone who could answer from experience, not just tell me I was considering "POS" subs...
My original question was for someone who could answer from experience, not just tell me I was considering "POS" subs...
-
sinister audio
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2562
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
- Location: Watertown, South Dakota
- Contact:
lets see i have a store in a town that is filled with kicker nut huggers so yes i have heard installed uninstalled and have people traded kicker for my stuff so id assume that my personal experience is up there with quite a few kicker fanatics. lets see kicker L5 and L7 subs. High failure rate, sounds like crap in just about every kind of enclouser, makes a better fog machine than sub, and way way over priced POS. CVRs are decent just not my flavor and kicker low line coaxs sound like a cat trapped in a metal garbage can. Why my business failed was for 2 reasons. 1 not an optimal location and 2 all of the ebay kicker/rock ford nut huggers out there. who cares if a sub that i sell for 200 bucks sounds better and gets louder than a 500 dollar L7 and lasts more than 2 months. I could shit in a box and put a kicker sticker on the outside and sell it for 200 bucks and put 2 bolts in the tird and call it a cap and call it a stinger and i could sell it for 250. consumers are pretty much retarded they are lead around by words from their older brothers and other people who dont know jack shit about anything telling them kicker is the best buy rockford itll pound.
- MobileAudio219
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 4919
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Sullivan Missouri
I agree 100%...Worst Nightmare wrote:I know, I edited it to be a little more understanding. Just tired of other sites and critics of what folks think to be good sound from their prospective. Personally, I've liked Kicker products (even though they're now made in china) for awhile.
My original question was for someone who could answer from experience, not just tell me I was considering "POS" subs...
I hope that some of the responses dont turn you away from this forum, MOST of the times its a great community... I've heard a few L series set-ups that didnt sound that bad, its all personal peferances...
If you have any more questions post away and I'll do my best to help ya out...
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-
two4fifteen
- Senior Member
- Posts: 774
- Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:00 am
- Location: detroit
these guys are kinda nailing it on the head. but ill still add my input. those square kickers just have inherent design flaws that cause them to fail. kicker may say they have added something or changed something to fix it in theory (which is what i hear everytime i step into a circuitcity and their salesmen try to sell my an L5), but any engineer can tell you that a virtual design and real world application are two totally different things in most cases. but if you like your stuff, thats all that matters. just dont get mad when people inform you that there is better sounding equipment out there that is overlooked by mainstream.
-
Worst Nightmare
- Member
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:21 pm
- Location: Austin, TX
I have to agree that Kicker coax's sound like crap. So do their seps/comps. Wouldn't even consider kicker components. I happen to like their amps/subs. However, their L7/L5 subs sound as good (if not better) than the JL 10W3's that I used to have. My opinion, of course.sinister audio wrote:lets see i have a store in a town that is filled with kicker nut huggers so yes i have heard installed uninstalled and have people traded kicker for my stuff so id assume that my personal experience is up there with quite a few kicker fanatics. lets see kicker L5 and L7 subs. High failure rate, sounds like crap in just about every kind of enclouser, makes a better fog machine than sub, and way way over priced POS. CVRs are decent just not my flavor and kicker low line coaxs sound like a cat trapped in a metal garbage can. Why my business failed was for 2 reasons. 1 not an optimal location and 2 all of the ebay kicker/rock ford nut huggers out there. who cares if a sub that i sell for 200 bucks sounds better and gets louder than a 500 dollar L7 and lasts more than 2 months. I could shit in a box and put a kicker sticker on the outside and sell it for 200 bucks and put 2 bolts in the tird and call it a cap and call it a stinger and i could sell it for 250. consumers are pretty much retarded they are lead around by words from their older brothers and other people who dont know jack shit about anything telling them kicker is the best buy rockford itll pound.
-
Mithrandir
- Senior Member
- Posts: 799
- Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:30 am
-
Worst Nightmare
- Member
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:21 pm
- Location: Austin, TX
two4fifteen wrote:these guys are kinda nailing it on the head. but ill still add my input. those square kickers just have inherent design flaws that cause them to fail. kicker may say they have added something or changed something to fix it in theory (which is what i hear everytime i step into a circuitcity and their salesmen try to sell my an L5), but any engineer can tell you that a virtual design and real world application are two totally different things in most cases. but if you like your stuff, thats all that matters. just dont get mad when people inform you that there is better sounding equipment out there that is overlooked by mainstream.
And I'm not mad. I rarely get mad, frustrated maybe :) .
-
Ampresearch
- Senior Member
- Posts: 162
- Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:48 am
- Location: Tampa Bay Florida
- Contact:
keep in mind when reading this that i have all kicker equipment.Worst Nightmare wrote:maybe why your business failed????
Check around, folks love kicker subs.
Not trying to be a jerk. Have you personally heard an L7? I want some informed responses, not just someone who heard a square sub some while ago and didn't like it....
althought i dont agree that they are POS as stated above. I will say that
the subs mentioned above can out perform in SQ and get as loud or louder then the kicker. and once again i am a kicker fan but they are not the best subs out there to say the least.
with that said in a proper box and install the kicker subs can sound very nice and get very loud. unfortunatly most of the kicker products are purchsed by a bunch of kids that toss them in prefab boxes and through and amp on them. this is what has caused what i feel is an unfair lable that kicker is only good for getting loud.
-
two4fifteen
- Senior Member
- Posts: 774
- Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:00 am
- Location: detroit