Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Italy wins over France!

Anything not related or doesnt fit another Forum.
JASON96R
Senior Member
Posts: 277
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:29 pm
Location: OH

Post by JASON96R »

I used to love soccer until I learned the official rules. I never played or payed attention to the game throughout my youth. I liked playing because the field is huge, and you stay in great shape. Which, I would use to play football, basketball, and baseball, my speed and acceleration. When I played soccer I was in the Army, and we would play full contact soccer, basically soccer with a healthy dose of hockey it would get brutal in a gym. Well, I joined a soccer league, because in my igorance I thought full contact was legal. I quickly quit soccer because it was not fun to me without contact.

Some may think you play baseball that is no contact. Just ask anyone who ever tried to block the plate on me. I've literally fractured ribs jumping/diving into fences for the ball.

I'm a all or nothing kind of player and I just don't get that feeling from soccer.
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

ahh ur just in the wrong position dude... Thats why im a Goalie... Only player on the field who can beat the crap out of the other players on a 50/50 ball... Oh yea btw i was always the catcher who decided to block the plater ;)
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

never dropped a ball ever lol but then again I only played untill i was 14
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
High Society
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by High Society »

because in my igorance I thought full contact was legal. I quickly quit soccer because it was not fun to me without contact.
No contact in soccer you must be crazy, ya you can't go out and check somebody on the ground, but you can defiantly have tons of body to body contact. You have be in control of the ball also, you can run around and body check folks to the ground. And I doubt you were playin with any high skilled players cuz most will just dance around your ass if you try and knock them down...and well you would look real silly after they broke ya ankles
♠ Mateo ♠

80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

hahaha truth its like when i play occasionally with the boys on the field... I can beat anyone to the ball but when i have to guard some kid from Brazil its like watching a retard try to put a spoon in his mouth... sry that was wrong...

But yea contact is always going to be part of the sport, and as a goalie i have proof of it, having broken numorous bones, fractured ribs, bad contusions, and of course me being a big guy ive layed out quite a few ppl myself. hehe
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
JASON96R
Senior Member
Posts: 277
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:29 pm
Location: OH

Post by JASON96R »

Very true on the low talent level point, as I have about none in the sport. Yes, I know there is definitely contact, probably similar to getting position for a rebound in basketball. I did like playing as a goalie, I love diving for any kind of ball, and was actually decent, but I like to be more like a mid fielder. I did play in a couple games, and just as I started to get into the games I would have to come out because of Yellow cards, and a couple Red cards.
smoker
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4126
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:00 am
Location: florence, ky
Contact:

Post by smoker »

yea i dont like the ass slapping sports either.....football, basketball.........i like to play games with small balls, baseball, golf.....
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

Hahha u like small balls... Ping Pong and Tennis would do u well, im sure u wouldnt mind slapping Anna Cornicova's or Sherrapova's ass lol
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
User avatar
swimmerdude
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1131
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:08 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Post by swimmerdude »

I bet most of you prolly think that swimming is also one of those ass slapping sports and stuff... well, it is. But, I am seriously getting sick of it, it is really freaking me out... i question my friends sexuality because of what i see. Actually, I havent hung out with those friends for a long time.

Oh, I saw that head butt on ESPN... that was kinda rough. I guess he has done it in past years in big games too.
Darthness
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3706
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:54 pm

Post by Darthness »

asses are slapped in baseball and hockey too i think.
Image
- Keith
Post Reply