Page 2 of 4

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:43 pm
by High Society
X2 I'd go with that. Would sound fantasico..

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:49 pm
by CaptainPioneer
on a related note a kid from my local shop has 1 12" Comp VR the old type stitched Surround, in a ported box with 300w from an Eclipse amp.... and it is hitting really loud, one guy said 142db but i doubt that was on a Term Lab... I am heading to that shop on saturday so i will check on those specs and also post a couple stats about their shop and their competition winnings.

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:05 pm
by 15inches
Thanks for the advice. Im making plans to get started upgrading ASAP.

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:07 pm
by TechSys
Boss is better than Pyramid :P

They are getting better, but still have a long ways to go, especially with the bad rep they got. The Blade Extreme series is a lot closer to rated specs than any other. But still, it's Boss. (I run a PD-2000 at 1ohm x2 withouy any problems, have had it a .5ohm x2)

But, go with Kicker. :)

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:52 am
by MobileAudio219
I'd probably give you that one...

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:57 am
by CaptainPioneer
Hmm ill challenge that...

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:13 pm
by MobileAudio219
CaptainPioneer wrote:Hmm ill challenge that...
It be like the special olympics......

Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:04 am
by BoomBoomBoy
Back in the mid to late 90's CA&E magazine was a great magazine on providing basic technical tips for newbs like I was at the time.

It explained in layman terms things like series/parallel wiring, the effects of load on amplifiers, imaging, installation techniques, and the best annual buyer guide of the time.

An excellent source of info. on the net is at http://www.bcae1.com for someone just starting out.

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:55 am
by GlassWolf
BoomBoomBoy wrote:Back in the mid to late 90's CA&E magazine was a great magazine on providing basic technical tips for newbs like I was at the time.
It explained in layman terms things like series/parallel wiring, the effects of load on amplifiers, imaging, installation techniques, and the best annual buyer guide of the time.
An excellent source of info. on the net is at http://www.bcae1.com for someone just starting out.
word.
that's when I used to subscribe. late 80s through the early 89s, when I was starting out as an installer. learned a lot from that periodical.

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:37 am
by cargodz
I have to also agree.
The Blade series Boss amps are the only ones worth it.
Chaos line = trouble
new Riot Gt is only good in small wattage...under 1000w

And keep in mind I sell Boss equipment and have had my share of problems w/ some of the old line up.

Scary ain't it :surprised