Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Hemi Experience!!
- swimmerdude
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 1131
- Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:08 pm
- Location: Michigan
- Contact:
-
CaptainPioneer
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 3389
- Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
- Location: Monroe, CT
- Contact:
-
CaptainPioneer
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 3389
- Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
- Location: Monroe, CT
- Contact:
- MobileAudio219
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 4919
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Sullivan Missouri
I drove the hemi trucks before, not overly fast at all... I'd take a lightning, syclone or typhoon over one any day off the week... Heck, I'd take a cummins over the hemi, only a few grand more and they get better MPG, not to mention the resale value. :happy055:
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
- GlassWolf
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 6725
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Columbia, SC
- Contact:
lightnings are old news and overrated.. the cyclones etc are really pretty useless from a utility standpoint.
built for "performance" with no real function (read low end torque, load capacity, etc like a truck should have) but the cummins would be nice.. especially with a bit of work. (chipped, better in/out airflow, larger injectors etc)
the challenger is spec'ed to include a 425HP version of the current Hemi which is a 5.7L as I recall, or a 350cid.
The 426 hemi is only sold now as a crate engine, and it retails in catalogs, without belts, accessories, etc.. just the bare engine, for about $13,000 directly from mopar performance. You can get a 528 hemi crate motor for an additional $3,000.
built for "performance" with no real function (read low end torque, load capacity, etc like a truck should have) but the cummins would be nice.. especially with a bit of work. (chipped, better in/out airflow, larger injectors etc)
the challenger is spec'ed to include a 425HP version of the current Hemi which is a 5.7L as I recall, or a 350cid.
The 426 hemi is only sold now as a crate engine, and it retails in catalogs, without belts, accessories, etc.. just the bare engine, for about $13,000 directly from mopar performance. You can get a 528 hemi crate motor for an additional $3,000.

GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
Challenger gets the 6.1L 425hp Hemi. Should be badass.
Any truck is going to be a boat anchor compared to a performance car. Personally I think the full size truck market is stupid, but I guess if they're selling they're doing something right. People don't use trucks like they're intended anymore anyway, I guess it can't hurt. Ford is supposed to be coming out with a 6.1L engine focused on power, and it's supposed to debut in the F-150. Hopefully it'll make it into the Mustang *crosses fingers*.
I'd like to see the performance car market replicate the late 80s/90s moreso than it does now, but with the EPA it'd be difficult. Something like the 5.0L Mustangs and F-bodies, with a huge amount of cheap aftermarket parts available and enormous power potential. I think the main reason people even bother with imports is due to the huge aftermarket support. That or they're just stupid, IDK
Give me a 5.0L mustang anyday. With a stroker kit and some intelligent induction engineering I'll be making 500hp on crap gas without a turbo or a supercharger.
Any truck is going to be a boat anchor compared to a performance car. Personally I think the full size truck market is stupid, but I guess if they're selling they're doing something right. People don't use trucks like they're intended anymore anyway, I guess it can't hurt. Ford is supposed to be coming out with a 6.1L engine focused on power, and it's supposed to debut in the F-150. Hopefully it'll make it into the Mustang *crosses fingers*.
I'd like to see the performance car market replicate the late 80s/90s moreso than it does now, but with the EPA it'd be difficult. Something like the 5.0L Mustangs and F-bodies, with a huge amount of cheap aftermarket parts available and enormous power potential. I think the main reason people even bother with imports is due to the huge aftermarket support. That or they're just stupid, IDK
You haven't seen the bed of my truck!Jonathan wrote:Personally I think the full size truck market is stupid, but I guess if they're selling they're doing something right. People don't use trucks like they're intended anymore anyway, I guess it can't hurt.
Morel Elate 3-ways ran by a Genesis Series III Dual-mono, Morel Ultimo ran by an Autotek mm3000.1, Alpine DVA-9861
JC's Customs
For all your stereo wants.......
JC's Customs
For all your stereo wants.......
- MobileAudio219
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 4919
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Sullivan Missouri
I love the sound of the late 80's 5.0 stangs... I still think that fox body - present mustangs are some of the best sounding cars out there.
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]