Page 2 of 4
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:34 am
by MobileAudio219
Lets here it for the almighty rangers. Ours ran for a long time after a stump ate the oil pan...
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:41 am
by MobileAudio219
MobileAudio219 wrote:Lets here it for the almighty rangers. Ours ran for a long time after a stump ate the oil pan...
Note: The engine still ran, if it wasnt for the fatality of the driveshaft we'd probably still be rock'n it!
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:40 am
by Jonathan
OnYrMrk wrote:Glad you made it through that ordeal unscathed, but..in retrospect, since you sound like you loved that old thing, get it bronzed, and park it in the front yard...sure the neighbors will bitch, but you will forever see the truck that started with no oil. Pure unadulterated bliss I tell you.
in all seriousness, glad you weren't hurt in that wreck.
Joe
I still drove it to work this week, that's satisfying enough

I'm taking a long deserved vacation after this past month, I've put in over 90 hours every week b/c we're engineering another line. Maybe I'll cut the top off of it and take it to the beach

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:42 am
by CaptainPioneer
Do it that would be awesome!!
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:42 am
by Jonathan
Oh, by the way, I found a guy that has a lot of older Mustangs, Torinos, Fairlanes, and other older vehicles that he's trying to sell. I'm thinking about starting up a project car. It'll ween me off of the Ranger I'm sure, and give me something to work on in my spare time if he has anything worth building up. Still have to take a good look at the cars, I haven't done a Torino yet.
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:44 am
by Jonathan
My other option with the truck is putting it in it's grave then hauling it to a junkyard. I know the owner of a motocross we have nearby and I might be able to convince him to let me take a run on it

. I'll definately get that one on video if he lets me
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:54 pm
by GlassWolf
post pics of this thing.
heheh
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:01 pm
by smoker
them lil 4 bangers are tough...mine used to blow so much oil that i would have people occasionally run into the gas station while i was paying for gas and start yelling that someones truck was on fire.....even though it wasnt running it still smoked for so long afterwards
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:56 pm
by Mr. Waters
glad to hear you are ok.
def. need to see pics of this thing. :)
and pics if you get a new project car. :)
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:30 pm
by Darthness
my lil 4 banger is great on oil.