Page 2 of 2
Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:43 pm
by Darthness
My rca's are find and only a few weeks old, ran opposite of my power wire. I cut into the wires behind the deck because it would be a PITA to run wires through the doors. i'm giong to check with a local shop on that one though. I do have an amp powering the components, a Alpine MRP-F240 amp bridged to 100x2. I still need to get off my ass and check the crossover and see if thats te issue. the only possible interference i can think of is the power wire may cross the stock speaker wire, but somehow i doubt thats the cause.
Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:12 pm
by audiobass10
Darthness wrote:My rca's are find and only a few weeks old, ran opposite of my power wire. I cut into the wires behind the deck because it would be a PITA to run wires through the doors. i'm giong to check with a local shop on that one though. I do have an amp powering the components, a Alpine MRP-F240 amp bridged to 100x2. I still need to get off my ass and check the crossover and see if thats te issue. the only possible interference i can think of is the power wire may cross the stock speaker wire, but somehow i doubt thats the cause.
throw a Ground Loop Isolator in there and see if it helps
Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:18 pm
by GlassWolf
if UPS damaged the XO, it shouldn't cost you anything to get it replaced. They should cover it up to $100, unless additional insurance was purchased.