Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
i've got a problem
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
How do you know the speakers are not blown?
Given the fact that two amps have been blown on the same set of subs I would start to suspect the subs.
Either that or a serious lack of newbitus and lack of wiring knowledge...
But I strongly would sugguest putting an Ohm Meter on the subs just to see...
Given the fact that two amps have been blown on the same set of subs I would start to suspect the subs.
Either that or a serious lack of newbitus and lack of wiring knowledge...
But I strongly would sugguest putting an Ohm Meter on the subs just to see...
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
the subs hit for like three min on each amp before the smoke show
should he look in to a 1ohm mono block
-
High Society
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2473
- Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
- Location: Philippines
- Contact:
ok the boss amplifier is 1600w mosfet 2 channel and the speakers r both 4ohm.when we opened the speakerbox both sets of termials were hooked up. do we need to disconnect if so wich side?also the subs r dual voice coil does that mean anything?should we just hook up one sub.if so should we just hook up one channel or bridge it(it is bridgable).
Dual voice coil changes the options and how you will need to wire the subs to best match the amp. Yes you need both hooked up. If you only run one coil it will mess up your subs.
What is the RMS voltage on the amp? That 1600 is peak.
And, what ohm load will the amp support?
I think your best bet will be hooking the subs up for a 4 ohm final load, and then bridging the amp.
Or you can do 1 ohm bridged and show the amp a .5 ohm load. That would be fun to watch.
Just kidding on the last. Don't do that unless you want to fry your amp. Or fry eggs on your amp. Eggs, man I am hungry.
Wait, let me predict the future.
Look at the bottom drawing.
What is the RMS voltage on the amp? That 1600 is peak.
And, what ohm load will the amp support?
I think your best bet will be hooking the subs up for a 4 ohm final load, and then bridging the amp.
Or you can do 1 ohm bridged and show the amp a .5 ohm load. That would be fun to watch.
Just kidding on the last. Don't do that unless you want to fry your amp. Or fry eggs on your amp. Eggs, man I am hungry.
Wait, let me predict the future.
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/w ... 4+ohms+x+2chester wrote: How do I wire it so I get a 4 ohm final load?
Look at the bottom drawing.
How do I wire it so I get a 4 ohm final load? Boss audio told me the subs would run fine on this amp.but we hooked it back up and fried another transistor its only a 2 dollar fix. but, should we install a larger transistor to compensate for the thing burning up 2 min into play.this is the hardest install i've ever done.i'm so frustrated.i've installed atleast 6 systems in the past 4 years all to great success.this sucks.
Fried transistor?? You mean fuse?? Transistors are soldered into the board, so they are not that easy to change.
Either way, no don't go bigger. They designed the amp with that size in mind. Anything bigger and your looking for trouble.
Honestly it sounds like you have it wired at 1 ohm, or the amp has a problem internally. So check the wiring, and if that doesn't fix it, try a diffrent amp.
Either way, no don't go bigger. They designed the amp with that size in mind. Anything bigger and your looking for trouble.
Honestly it sounds like you have it wired at 1 ohm, or the amp has a problem internally. So check the wiring, and if that doesn't fix it, try a diffrent amp.