Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Type-Rs? RE SE?
-
Robert Wollenberg
- Posts: 1386
- Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:45 am
- Location: Abilene, Texas
See, the truth comes out.
Robert R. Wollenberg
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy
I can't really see needing any warranty whatsoever.
Unless I'm buying something I expect is a substandard product.
I think I'd go with two Alpines for the same money as the single RE. I don't care if it's different or not, I don't buy shit just to show it off to other people like "look how cool I am" ... I buy it to listen to and make my ears happy.
Matter of fact, showing it off is a really bad idea, since people like to steal what others work hard to buy. Keep what you've got to yourself.
Unless I'm buying something I expect is a substandard product.
I think I'd go with two Alpines for the same money as the single RE. I don't care if it's different or not, I don't buy shit just to show it off to other people like "look how cool I am" ... I buy it to listen to and make my ears happy.
Matter of fact, showing it off is a really bad idea, since people like to steal what others work hard to buy. Keep what you've got to yourself.
-
Robert Wollenberg
- Posts: 1386
- Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:45 am
- Location: Abilene, Texas
I had an Eclipse Aluminum sub back when it was the top sub they had. It was a beautiful sounding sub. I loved it. One day, I was out cranking the thing, just playing around with it ... it blew up. Literaly. The cone came right out of it. shredded the surround and spider and bent the cone something aweful. And, it burned the carpenting in the back of my Jeep around where the enclosure was. It sounded like a shotgun going off right behind my head. Literally. It scared the shit out of me. I had never seen anything like it.
I took the sub to the local dealer, not where I bought it, I bought it in Michigan and this happend in Texas. Anyway, They laughed at me and said I did that myself and that they wouldn't warranty it. I tried to go through Eclipse and basically got the same response. So I ended up throwing it away. That really sucked. It was such a good sounding sub. Way better than the Phoenix Gold Xmax I had. Anyway, just thought I'd share that story. I miss that sub. lol
I took the sub to the local dealer, not where I bought it, I bought it in Michigan and this happend in Texas. Anyway, They laughed at me and said I did that myself and that they wouldn't warranty it. I tried to go through Eclipse and basically got the same response. So I ended up throwing it away. That really sucked. It was such a good sounding sub. Way better than the Phoenix Gold Xmax I had. Anyway, just thought I'd share that story. I miss that sub. lol
Robert R. Wollenberg
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy
-
Robert Wollenberg
- Posts: 1386
- Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:45 am
- Location: Abilene, Texas
Search me. I know I wasn't over powering it. It was in a 1 c.f. sealed box after speaker displacement. I think that's what it was. Around there anyway. It was firing down at the floor of the Jeep. There was about a 3 or 4" gap between the driver and the floor itself. I was powering it with the sub channels of my PG XS6600 amp. By the birth certificate it should have been getting about 400 wrms I think it was. maybe it was 300. Either way, it wasn't an increadable amount or anything. I think i was playing bass mekanic or power supply ... something like that anyway. And that was it. It just blew up.
Robert R. Wollenberg
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy
-
Robert Wollenberg
- Posts: 1386
- Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:45 am
- Location: Abilene, Texas
I'm still using the amp to this day. I put the damn Xmax back in and all was fine. I don't know what happend.
Robert R. Wollenberg
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy
Well thats the thing with warranties... and especially with car audio, which is why I don't really give a damn. For a warranty to work, it has to be honored by the company. With all the kids who blow shit up, companies are'nt very eager to hand out free replacements.
Plus, it's never a "under any circumstances, we'll replace your sub free of charge" it's always "manufacturer defect". Now how often does the glue come unstuck? Or the magnet become demagnetized?
Any problems can really be blamed on you. So why worry about the warranty, buy cheap from a good store, and test it well, within your 30-day store return policy. If it's working great for me for 30 days... then I have no worries.
Plus, it's never a "under any circumstances, we'll replace your sub free of charge" it's always "manufacturer defect". Now how often does the glue come unstuck? Or the magnet become demagnetized?
Any problems can really be blamed on you. So why worry about the warranty, buy cheap from a good store, and test it well, within your 30-day store return policy. If it's working great for me for 30 days... then I have no worries.
-
Robert Wollenberg
- Posts: 1386
- Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:45 am
- Location: Abilene, Texas
yeah, that's sounds about right. I think i was suppose to have a three year warranty on that sub. Not the case at all. Oh well, I got it on employee discount. Actually, I got it even better than that cause the distributor sold it to me direct. All my PG stuff was done through PG too. They gave me a hell of a deal.
Robert R. Wollenberg
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy

