Page 2 of 3

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:03 pm
by NViejeP
JL Xrs it is then.

What about the subwoofer?

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:06 pm
by High Society
What about the subwoofer?
How much you lookin to spend, and what set up do you wanna go with? SQ, SPL, SQL/

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:25 pm
by NViejeP
I don't really know what they stand for.. I'm new to everything.

I don't know, I'm working so this setup is basically all being saved up for, I've got enouhg for the amplifer installed and stuff, just need a few more weeks to save up for the rest. So cheaper = better, but I don't mind saving up a bit more if its worth the money.

But $200 seems decent. What's the recommended box for the RE SE? And how much would the box cost? 12" of course.

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:30 pm
by ridr4lif
RE SE requires 1.0 cu.ft. for the 12" version. Im sure someone on here could build you a box. i wouldnt buy a prefab for a sub like that.

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:32 pm
by High Society
And if you are going sealed, it's very easy to build one yourself. Heres the prices for the SE's

SE10- $165
SE12- $185
SE15- $215

http://www.reaudio.com

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:48 pm
by NViejeP
Thanks a lot guys. I think I've decided unless someone can suggest something good

Kicker 550.3 Refurbished
JL XR650CSi
RE SE 12"

KnuKonceptz Wires
Custom Box?

OH One more question, what wires do I need? 4AWG or 8AWG? And should I get the 4 channel wiring or the normal wiring?

Thanks for everything guys.

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:52 pm
by OnYrMrk
NViejeP wrote:Also need some 6.5 Component speakers for my front stage. Got a few things in my mind, so far:
CDT CL-61A - $140
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fus ... ct_ID=1090
Focal 165H - $185
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?[/b ... ct_ID=1161
JL VR650CSi - $210
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fus ... ct_ID=1186
I know all three are nice. I've heard good things about all brands. But should I stick with the cheaper CDTs or would you guys recommend paying extra money for a boost? Would this boost be noticably different?
Money IS a factor. As you can see, I'm around the low end part of Car Audio, I do not have the money to get all the high end things.
I'm about to finalize my system soon and buying it, please feel free to suggest other brands/items.
Thanks a lot in advance.


Just to throw a bone here, but Focal is not supported for sale on the internet. Anything that is sold on the internet will NOT be warranteed nor is it current equipment. I just looked at the picture, and Polyflex is NOT a current model. It has been called Access for a few years now.

here is the equivalent of that setup you have priced. Hope this helps. --Joe

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:57 pm
by NViejeP
Oh I see. Thanks a lot Joe. Yah I wish I had money to go to a store and buy it all from them. But I don't, this is kind of a budget system for myself.

While looking at wiring at knukonceptz, I ran into the eKO and the normal one. Which one should I get? the normal one is more expensive?
http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaste ... ion%20Kits

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:10 pm
by NViejeP
I got bored while doing homework and looked at some boxes:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-4HtokQPmFU ... 044QLH12S1
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-4HtokQPmFU ... 044T1012SS
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-4HtokQPmFU ... 044H1012SS

How do those work? They are all 1 cubic foot. Obviously some sizes are preferred in terms of trunk space, but I don't want my RE SE to sound like crap! Sorry if I'm asking any obvious questions, don't know too much yet.

Should I stick with custom boxing?

Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:19 am
by Mithrandir
i prefer payperview boxing :D