Page 2 of 2
Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:19 am
by Bwcad1
both of those woofs look pretty decent.
Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:22 am
by sinister audio
you can still get the old XXXs brand new you just need to find a dealer and the RE se15 is an awsome sub im thinking about either getting 2 of those or 1 xxx15 for home audio duty.
Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:47 pm
by GlassWolf
yes two good 12s will be quite a bit louder than those infinity subs.. those things are just downright awful.
Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:47 pm
by audiobass10
GlassWolf wrote:yes two good 12s will be quite a bit louder than those infinity subs.. those things are just downright awful.
I've never been impressed with any of Infinities subs, granted I havne't heard their higher end Kappa Perfect line. I mean, sure they sound decent, but just not loud enough for the majority.
I really like the SE's, so i'd definitely suggest them. 2 12" SE's would get damn loud. Great SQ subs too, especially for the price. In some cases, the 12's would be louder than the 15's, depending on your space constraints. You don't need HUGE subs to get loud..just need to utilize the space you have and spend time on box design.
Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:54 pm
by Jonathan
Some swear by the SQ of the Kappa Perfects....but they aren't anything special. I'd most definately take SEs over them, or IDQs.
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:34 am
by Mithrandir
well im gonna measure my trunk one of these days and if I have room for 2 15s, im gonna get em if not ill get 2 12s. Do you think I will be able to cross my 15s at 80-100 hz and not have em sound horrible.
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:04 pm
by GlassWolf
not really.
fifteens need to be crossed over at 50-60Hz to sound their best.
otherwise you're going to get cone flutter trying to produce higher frequencies with that large of a sub, and it's going to sound "boomy."