Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

What does your system consist of?

Post all your general car audio questions here.
Justin from Detroit1
Junior Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Location: Detroit

Post by Justin from Detroit1 »

It's not even a matter of doing the fiberglass, I actually enjoy doing it. It's the damn cleaning up of the fiberglass that I hate lol.
User avatar
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sullivan Missouri

re

Post by MobileAudio219 »

I'm assuming you guys are building custom door panels? If so, does that mean you will be running your components in the door? Last summer I had the opportunity to get involved on a neat fiberglass project. My sisters boyfriends dad bought a few different fiberglass car body molds, one of which was a 32 ford roadster. Anyways, the guy he bought them from agreed to train a few of us how to build them. We ended up only building one shell before things got side tracked, but it was a pretty interesting experience none the less. Sometime in the next couple of months I'm going to start on building a pair of fiberglass door panels and a center console. Sorry if I got a little side tracked, but I'm a kind of slow do to the lack of sleep in the last couple of days. :banghead :banghead :help: :sad:
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

once again.. *laugh*

Alpine CDA-7990 source
(2) Audiocontrol EQT 1/3 octave 30 band equalizers
Orion DIN balanced signal path
Orion 300PSW preamp/EQ
Orion 200CRX electronic crossover
Orion 400BDG bridging module
(3) Orion 2250SX amplifiers
DynAudio System 360 front stage
(2) Resonant Engineering XXX 12" subwoofers
knukonceptz 1/0ga power cable
270A alternator
Orion MBR70 multiple battery regulator
1 optima redtop starter battery
2 optima yellow top deep cycle batteries
car interior spray-lined with lizardskin for sound deadening

misc other stuff;
fiberglassed panels for components
fiberglassed enclosures for subs
police scanner
cobra 148gtl modified CB
escort 8500 x50 radar detector with zr3 radar jamming

blah blah blah
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
User avatar
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sullivan Missouri

Post by MobileAudio219 »

Hey kiki, what kind of numbers are you hitting with that set-up? Also, are you running those XXX sealed or ported?
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dustin from Huntsville
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1656
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Huntsville, AL

Post by Dustin from Huntsville »

Kiki, why don't you sell all that audiocontrol and orion processing stuff and get the PXA-H700 Alpine processor? Seems like an awful lot of stuff to have to mess with when you could go with the Alpine with an optical connection and have superior tuning capabilities. Just thought I might mention it, everyone has been raving about it over at carsound.com as well as a lot of people in the competition scene. It may be something you'd be interested in.
User avatar
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sullivan Missouri

Post by MobileAudio219 »

Well finally I am able to view the SPL and SQ sections of this forum. Before I wasnt able too, thats why I made this post here.

Sorry, Justin.
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mithrandir
Senior Member
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:30 am

my system

Post by Mithrandir »

Current System
Sony xplode 3 1/2 coaxials in the dash
Sony xplode 6x9s in the rear
sony xplode head unit (not sure of the model, cheapest they make lol)
US Acoustics 150x2 amp
2 Infinity Reference 12" subwoofers

Next system
Pioneer DEH-P8600MP
6 1/2 CDT for the front and rear, not sure if im goin coaxial or component yet
2 RE XXX 12" subwoofers
Large sealed box
2 1200 watt amps, possibly jbl
and some kind of 250-300 amp alt
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

I'm running the subs sealed, and playing with an AP enclosure design. The car is torn apart right now getting rebuilt so the system is actually laying on my bench at the moment. I haven't had it metered, so no idea on the SPL, although that's not my main goal. It's loud enough to feel it in your chest, and that makes me happy. :)

"Kiki, why don't you sell all that audiocontrol and orion processing stuff and get the PXA-H700 Alpine processor?"

Well, I'm using one pair of pre-outs on the Alpine source, then one EQT per channel.
After those I go to the pre-amp for volume, fader, balance, and bass level tweaking, and that takes me to a 15 volt balanced DIN signal path.
from there, I'm going to one 2250 for the front stage, and another DIN to the 400BDG which actually takes one DIN or RCA input, and splits to left, mixed mono, summed mono, and right DIN outputs.
I'm going out with Left and Right DIN to each 2250 for the subs. that way I stay all balanced DIN, and no signal loss from Y splitters on differential RCA lines.
The 200CRX is my crossover for DIN level to allow a HPF for the fronts, and LPF for the subs.
gotta remember the old 2250SX didn't have built in crossovers.. just bridge mode, and bass-EQ button and gain. gotta do everything with processors.
Plus I have the gear already, and I don't feel like spending a ton more on this system. I'm going for a mostly old school nostalgia feel to the car, being it's a classic anyway, so short of a tape deck, I'm sticking to mostly analog signal path.
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
6three6mafia6
Senior Member
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:00 am

Post by 6three6mafia6 »

hey mithrandir thats a HUGE step from youre current set up, glad to see that, good luck
imsolost7886
Junior Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:12 pm

Post by imsolost7886 »

current setup (since im rebuilding)
pioneer head unit 1 1/2 din for gm cars
alpine 4 by 6 plate speakers
yeah feel that bass!

next setup
pioneer premier deh 860 mp
re components in doors IB
rf x3
LA Storm 12 ported tuned to 38hz
rf x6

setup planned for s10 ext cab
pioneer premier deh 860mp
2 sets of RE XXX components in custom f/g door panels and rear f/g panels or 2 sets of Utopia 3 ways
RF 8004
2 LA Storm 15 neo motors ported blow thru rear window tuned to 38hz
RF t30001bd
stinger sp1000 up front and 2 sp 1700's in the cab with 200+ amp alt also
all stinger wiring 1/0 and digital read outs.
eventually 10" screen in dash with f/g console and xbox in console
Post Reply