Page 2 of 3

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:35 pm
by stephensmia
so regular auto body paint. how do you sugguest I apply it. do I use a regular clear to give it a gloss

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:40 pm
by Justin from Detroit1
You will have to use a paint made for vinyl/plastics, and use an adhesive promoting primer.

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:42 pm
by sinister audio
no you can use regular car paint on there. it can either be single stage or a base coat clear coat. do you have a paint gun or able to use one?

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:46 pm
by stephensmia
I can get a paint gun do I need to sand the dash

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:48 pm
by sinister audio
nope thats what those 2 items are for the PPG ones. if you sand it itll release stuff from the plastic and the paint will flake off.

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:53 pm
by stephensmia
thanks.

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:55 pm
by GlassWolf
you need to use a pigment dye spray. places like YearOne sell it for refinishing classic car dashes.
It's a dye as opposed to a paint so it doesn't scratch off.

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:39 am
by sinister audio
the paint wont scratch off if its prepped right. its the same kinda plastic some bumper covers are made out of. that ppg kit actually makes them stick really really good.

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:57 am
by stephensmia
pigment dye? is this better then the paint

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:50 am
by GlassWolf
no, it's a worse option. that's why I suggested using it.

:rolleyes: