Page 2 of 2
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:22 pm
by Jonathan
The SEAS Performance sets are no slouch, either (no offense, Bill and Devin).
As far as those doors, though, your factory speakers is a 5x7/6x8 offering, and the door panels are pretty roomy. You should be able to get a 6.5 component set (mid and tweeter) on an adaptor pretty easy from the stock spots.
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:27 pm
by solacedagony
Yea I had pulled the doors apart on a friend's ranger and was pleasantly surprised to see how much room there was there for whatever I wanted to do. Are you thinking I should just make an MDF adapter to mount the drivers to and then the mdf to the door or what? Like I said, I've never actually done this before. And how far away from my mid should my tweeter be?
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:33 pm
by smoker
i had a ranger and fit a set of jl xr650's in there no problem.......if you put the tweet in the sail panel you will have to trim some metal but not big deal
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:35 pm
by Jonathan
"Are you thinking I should just make an MDF adapter to mount the drivers to and then the mdf to the door or what?"
Yup, that or some birch plywood. Tweeter can go above or below the midbass if you want it to. Plenty of room to work with. Sail panels or A pillars would be good as well, especially since the mid is relatively high in the door.
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:54 pm
by solacedagony
Definately deaden and seal the door as well, correct?
So I'm still not sure what component sets I should be looking at and deciding between. The Bravox and the SEAS is all I've really got in my mind ATM.
Also, I really appreciate all the help guys. It won't go to waste, I assure you!
Interesting quote in your signature, Jonathan.
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:56 pm
by Jonathan
"Definately deaden and seal the door as well, correct?"
Absolutely

One of the things most people skip.
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:42 pm
by sinister audio
i should be able to do 360 for those kevlars plus a little shipping.
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:18 pm
by solacedagony
Hmm, not sure what I'm going with yet, gonna give it some time. At least I'm ahead of where I was when I started. I'm going to keep browsing comps for the time being, but I'll let you know.