Page 2 of 2

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:16 pm
by GlassWolf
then get the block bored, new pistons and rings, new crank if that rusted.. still sounds like a recon engine is a better bet if that thing is ate up in the bottom end

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:19 pm
by Jonathan
Ryan from Ohio wrote:Transmission is good, as I just replaced it.
Motor is pretty much rebuilt except rings and bearings...
May as well keep going IMO, already got enough money into it. $200 more of parts and it will be good for a long time...
Time to start pricing bearings and rings, oh joy!
I said the same thing about that POS Camry I had. There is a point where you have to forget about the money you've lost and give it a boot in the ass.

Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:29 am
by Ryan from Ohio
Well bearings are $55 for the mains and like $35 for the rods...

I can polish the shaft out myself where Im working now.

I was hoping I wouldnt hear about boring the block out... I may pull the pistons and run a hone up them... Hopefully I can do that with the heads on...hehe... Just clean the block out with white inspection rags ;)

I dunno man, this car is pissing me off. Ive got a fair amount of cash wraped up in it at this point. If I re-ring it, and put new bearings in it then I would say its had a motor rebuild... Then it would probably last well over 100K miles more...