Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Sound Splinter subs?
-
diceman1000
- Senior Member
- Posts: 268
- Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:28 am
- Location: belleville,ks
irony
"Find good reviews on another board besides that one you listed. That way hopefully there is no bias."
it's realy funny to read this here,this is one of the most biased boards i've ever been to,you should remember above statement when talking about eD...they seem to get rave reviews everywhere but here
Damon
it's realy funny to read this here,this is one of the most biased boards i've ever been to,you should remember above statement when talking about eD...they seem to get rave reviews everywhere but here
Damon
expect the worst,hope for the best,and take it as it comes...live life to the fullest,alway cherish your family and friends,especialy your wife and kids
HU:ECLIPSE CD8051
FS:CDT CL61A's
F.AMP:MONITOR 1 MK2.70
RS:N/A
SUBS:TWO eD 13Kv2's in 1.25 cubes ea.,sealed
SUB AMP:CROSSFIRE BMF600D@1 OHM
WIRING:SCOCHE EFX,STREETWIREZ
CAP:STINGER 1 FARAD
BATT.:OPTIMA YELLOW TOP

HU:ECLIPSE CD8051
FS:CDT CL61A's
F.AMP:MONITOR 1 MK2.70
RS:N/A
SUBS:TWO eD 13Kv2's in 1.25 cubes ea.,sealed
SUB AMP:CROSSFIRE BMF600D@1 OHM
WIRING:SCOCHE EFX,STREETWIREZ
CAP:STINGER 1 FARAD
BATT.:OPTIMA YELLOW TOP
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
Well that one forum they had ALL you would see is rave reviews! Since they owned it/operated it or whatever.
When your in cahoots with someone they will work in your favor.
Now if you think you can argue or deny what happened to me then fire away.
Otherwise shut up about it. Old subject anyhow...
When your in cahoots with someone they will work in your favor.
Now if you think you can argue or deny what happened to me then fire away.
Otherwise shut up about it. Old subject anyhow...
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
-
diceman1000
- Senior Member
- Posts: 268
- Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:28 am
- Location: belleville,ks
:)
Ryan from Ohio wrote:Well that one forum they had ALL you would see is rave reviews! Since they owned it/operated it or whatever.
When your in cahoots with someone they will work in your favor.
Now if you think you can argue or deny what happened to me then fire away.
Otherwise shut up about it. Old subject anyhow...
you know i did that just to get a rise out of you :) ...if i were you i wouldn't mess with eD again either,they haven't done me wrong yet though...i will admit that the my 13kv2's on the same power,in the same ecnclosure do not sound as good as my kx12's did
Damon
expect the worst,hope for the best,and take it as it comes...live life to the fullest,alway cherish your family and friends,especialy your wife and kids
HU:ECLIPSE CD8051
FS:CDT CL61A's
F.AMP:MONITOR 1 MK2.70
RS:N/A
SUBS:TWO eD 13Kv2's in 1.25 cubes ea.,sealed
SUB AMP:CROSSFIRE BMF600D@1 OHM
WIRING:SCOCHE EFX,STREETWIREZ
CAP:STINGER 1 FARAD
BATT.:OPTIMA YELLOW TOP

HU:ECLIPSE CD8051
FS:CDT CL61A's
F.AMP:MONITOR 1 MK2.70
RS:N/A
SUBS:TWO eD 13Kv2's in 1.25 cubes ea.,sealed
SUB AMP:CROSSFIRE BMF600D@1 OHM
WIRING:SCOCHE EFX,STREETWIREZ
CAP:STINGER 1 FARAD
BATT.:OPTIMA YELLOW TOP
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
IMO the new ones are a cheap replacement for the older subs.
I wouldnt buy from them even if they are still getting good reviews. I say this based off product specs compared to what they used to have. All I see is a list of cheaper components then what they used to have....
I wouldnt buy from them even if they are still getting good reviews. I say this based off product specs compared to what they used to have. All I see is a list of cheaper components then what they used to have....
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
My, ignorance abounds in this place it seems. The SoundSplinter drivers are all built by TC Sounds. Just the "little internet company" that builds for Eclipse, several of Crystal's woofers, Kove, they built the Carver Sunfire subwoofers, Krell's Master Reference Subwoofer, Lightning Audio Subwoofers, the Team RF SPL subwoofer...the list goes on and on.
You're right though guys, they're just built by a "little internet company." How about some of you fools actually head out to San Diego and check out TC Sounds? They're a bit more advanced than you might fathom, actually.
You can go to http://www.tcsounds.com to see some of the reference designs. The soundsplinter drivers are just very slight deviations from those reference designs.
The RL-i Series is based off of the TC Sounds TC2+ motor. It uses a 1.8" long 4 layer roundwire VC (alum or copper, depending on application). It uses a 10mm tall gap. Xmax as stated is about 19.3mm. DUMAX measurements verify it, as will FEA modeling.
The RL-p woofers are based on the TC Sounds TC9 motor. This utilizes a 0.5" tall gap and a 3" diameter 2.3" long 4 layer aluminum roundwire VC. Xmax is around 24mm. Again, easily verified by FEA modeling or the included DUMAX results.
You can foolishly attempt to call it a crappy no name sub, but you'd be an ignorant fool to do so. Here's a few more "no name" standard products of TC Sounds:
The TC7. It uses a 0.5" tall gap and a 3" diameter 1.8" long 4 layer aluminum roundwire voice coil. Xmax is around 18-19mm. Again, easily DUMAX or FEA verifiable.
Care to guess what woofer is based off that design, and is built by TC Sounds? The Eclipse Aluminum. Just another crappy little internet company, right?
There's also the 3HP, which has a 1.4" tall gap and a 2.3" long 4 layer aluminum roundwire voice coil. Xmax is around 23mm. Care to guess what woofer is based off this design(albeit using TC's 2" wide foam surround instead of the 1" high profile now being used)? The Eclipse Titanium.
The 4HP motor isn't listed, as it isn't a standard product. It uses a 10" diameter motor with a 1.4" tall gap and a 2.3" long 4" diameter aluminum voice coil. It is the basis for the Eclipse Titanium Pro, as well as the Team RF woofer, and honestly quite a few others as well.
I'd advise some of you to be able to analyze things by their design, and not whether or not you have heard of the company.
You can go on believing that they are no name subs built by some "internet company", but that's just showing that you don't really know what you are talking about.
Lastly, if anyone wants to try and say I'm a "newb" or I don't know what I'm talking about, you'll quickly find yourself looking rather foolish. I've been a Mod at CAF for over 3 years, so I'm hardly new to this.
I actually enjoy playing with subwoofer designs, and when you objectively evaluate designs, the marketing and how well known the company is cease to become important.
TC Sounds makes excellent drivers, which are used by some of the finest audio companies in the world. You'll find them in multi thousand dollar home and pro audio systems all over the world.
So just to reiterate, you're not very well educated on the subject if you think the SoundSplinter drivers are "just some internet sub."
They're far from totally original or custom products, being as how they remain fairly faithful to the mainstay designs of TC Sounds for each model.
They offer a very good bang for your buck.
You're right though guys, they're just built by a "little internet company." How about some of you fools actually head out to San Diego and check out TC Sounds? They're a bit more advanced than you might fathom, actually.
You can go to http://www.tcsounds.com to see some of the reference designs. The soundsplinter drivers are just very slight deviations from those reference designs.
The RL-i Series is based off of the TC Sounds TC2+ motor. It uses a 1.8" long 4 layer roundwire VC (alum or copper, depending on application). It uses a 10mm tall gap. Xmax as stated is about 19.3mm. DUMAX measurements verify it, as will FEA modeling.
The RL-p woofers are based on the TC Sounds TC9 motor. This utilizes a 0.5" tall gap and a 3" diameter 2.3" long 4 layer aluminum roundwire VC. Xmax is around 24mm. Again, easily verified by FEA modeling or the included DUMAX results.
You can foolishly attempt to call it a crappy no name sub, but you'd be an ignorant fool to do so. Here's a few more "no name" standard products of TC Sounds:
The TC7. It uses a 0.5" tall gap and a 3" diameter 1.8" long 4 layer aluminum roundwire voice coil. Xmax is around 18-19mm. Again, easily DUMAX or FEA verifiable.
Care to guess what woofer is based off that design, and is built by TC Sounds? The Eclipse Aluminum. Just another crappy little internet company, right?
There's also the 3HP, which has a 1.4" tall gap and a 2.3" long 4 layer aluminum roundwire voice coil. Xmax is around 23mm. Care to guess what woofer is based off this design(albeit using TC's 2" wide foam surround instead of the 1" high profile now being used)? The Eclipse Titanium.
The 4HP motor isn't listed, as it isn't a standard product. It uses a 10" diameter motor with a 1.4" tall gap and a 2.3" long 4" diameter aluminum voice coil. It is the basis for the Eclipse Titanium Pro, as well as the Team RF woofer, and honestly quite a few others as well.
I'd advise some of you to be able to analyze things by their design, and not whether or not you have heard of the company.
You can go on believing that they are no name subs built by some "internet company", but that's just showing that you don't really know what you are talking about.
Lastly, if anyone wants to try and say I'm a "newb" or I don't know what I'm talking about, you'll quickly find yourself looking rather foolish. I've been a Mod at CAF for over 3 years, so I'm hardly new to this.
I actually enjoy playing with subwoofer designs, and when you objectively evaluate designs, the marketing and how well known the company is cease to become important.
TC Sounds makes excellent drivers, which are used by some of the finest audio companies in the world. You'll find them in multi thousand dollar home and pro audio systems all over the world.
So just to reiterate, you're not very well educated on the subject if you think the SoundSplinter drivers are "just some internet sub."
They're far from totally original or custom products, being as how they remain fairly faithful to the mainstay designs of TC Sounds for each model.
They offer a very good bang for your buck.
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
Well I guess I will intorduce myself. My name is Ryan, I am a Moderator here. This board is fairly new in its present form, but our community is over 4 years old and I have been a part of it for almost that long.
Now lets get one thing straight and lets get it straight right now, right here. If you think your going to walk right in here with a cocky attitude I will end this right away.
Furthermore it is hard to know all the "who is making what" when they keep it hush-hush. They dont advertise who makes them, so we dont know.
I have heard of TC sounds, they are reputable.
Lastly my comment context is, that I would rather buy something that I am sure of over not being sure of.
Others tend to follow this same philosophy. Its actually common sense.
Next they are rather plain, hence most of our comments.
Lastly the original poster was fishing for opinions/comments and we delivered.
Now lets get one thing straight and lets get it straight right now, right here. If you think your going to walk right in here with a cocky attitude I will end this right away.
Furthermore it is hard to know all the "who is making what" when they keep it hush-hush. They dont advertise who makes them, so we dont know.
I have heard of TC sounds, they are reputable.
Lastly my comment context is, that I would rather buy something that I am sure of over not being sure of.
Others tend to follow this same philosophy. Its actually common sense.
Next they are rather plain, hence most of our comments.
Lastly the original poster was fishing for opinions/comments and we delivered.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Ryan, as a fewllow moderator I'm not trying to make you look bad, I just want people to realize that they aren't built by some shady buildhouse. They are reliable, high performance, well built subwoofers. I am sick and tired of people evaluating designs based on less than all the facts, and even more tired of people making exorbinant claims about the performance of products they know nothing about.Ryan from Ohio wrote:Well I guess I will intorduce myself. My name is Ryan, I am a Moderator here. This board is fairly new in its present form, but our community is over 4 years old and I have been a part of it for almost that long.
Now lets get one thing straight and lets get it straight right now, right here. If you think your going to walk right in here with a cocky attitude I will end this right away.
Furthermore it is hard to know all the "who is making what" when they keep it hush-hush. They dont advertise who makes them, so we dont know.
I have heard of TC sounds, they are reputable.
Lastly my comment context is, that I would rather buy something that I am sure of over not being sure of.
Others tend to follow this same philosophy. Its actually common sense.
Next they are rather plain, hence most of our comments.
Lastly the original poster was fishing for opinions/comments and we delivered.
Stay objective and reasonable, and you'll never hear any complaints from me.
I have a reputation as being a firebrand, and I have in the online community for half a decade or more. THat's just the way I am. You don't have to search too hard on Caraudioforum, Carsound, soundomain, soundillusions, termpro, etc to find that out.
Hope that clears up my reasons for the nature of my post. I'm also very good friends with a fairly high up guy at TC Sounds, and I hate to see some of his hard work criticized by people who know next to nothing about it...
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
Its not wise to roll into a new area with your guns drawn. This is regardless of where you have been or think people know of you.
As far as making me look bad, I’m not pressed. The company portrays itself as I called it. If they want to change their Image they should be more up front or add the relevant info so people KNOW it right away.
I do understand what you are saying, but I hope you understand what WE are saying also.
The real criticism is based off looks. I didn’t see much about anything else.
As stated earlier the company appears to be a fly-by-night internet based deal, which we tell people to avoid. Especially since none of us has heard of them or dealt with them. Rather be safe than sorry.
In ending this thread is closed. All useful/relevant information has been posted. No sense in beating a dead horse.
If you have any comments or problems with this feel free to send me a private message.
baa!
As far as making me look bad, I’m not pressed. The company portrays itself as I called it. If they want to change their Image they should be more up front or add the relevant info so people KNOW it right away.
I do understand what you are saying, but I hope you understand what WE are saying also.
The real criticism is based off looks. I didn’t see much about anything else.
As stated earlier the company appears to be a fly-by-night internet based deal, which we tell people to avoid. Especially since none of us has heard of them or dealt with them. Rather be safe than sorry.
In ending this thread is closed. All useful/relevant information has been posted. No sense in beating a dead horse.
If you have any comments or problems with this feel free to send me a private message.
baa!
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
