Page 2 of 4

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:37 pm
by KOVER420
Alright head units wired up got a fuse tap and it was real easy thanks for helping me with that...

Of course another problem, the head units working, I dont have the antenna plugged into the back yet but the static is there......Im trying to hook my amp up it seemed to be all going well but when I tried to put the cd in to listen to it the amp shuts off....Everything seems to be wired correctly could anyone tell me the problem??

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:40 pm
by William from NOLA
Did you plug the remote wire into the power antenna jack? If so, then whenever you have the radio on, the amp will be on; switching to cd will turn the amp off, so make sure it is on the remote wire output on the HU.

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:42 pm
by KOVER420
No the remote wire is wired to the blue wire.....isnt that right?

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:46 pm
by William from NOLA
Well, color isn't standard in anything, so I wouldn't go by color. What head unit do you have? It's outputs should be labled.

or are you using the factory unit?

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:48 pm
by KOVER420
yeah there labeled.....but isnt it blue stripe/blue to blue stripe/blue??? and solid blue to solid blue?

Im pretty sure its all wired correctly, could the ground wire have somethin to do with it????

But not a factory head unit I bought a different one

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:54 pm
by William from NOLA
I meant from car to car, car to head unit, and head unit to head unit, color codes are different, I was a little unclear.

Pretty sure doesn't sound like 100% :) I would check again; You may have just mixed up the two connections (Power antenna and Remote wire).

Ground might be a possibility, but is unlikely if the amp works when the stereo is on the radio and shuts off when going to cd. Make sure that the place on the car chassis where the ground is connected is bare metal (sand it down if not) for best contact.

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:49 pm
by KOVER420
I cant figure it out the only way the green light on the amp will even come on is the way I got it now....(blue on blue) (blue/white stripe on blue/white stripe)......everything else is where its supposed to be Ive already gone over it.....any other suggestions?

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:15 pm
by William from NOLA
The remote wire is a single strand of wire. What are you connecting to the two wires?

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:05 pm
by KOVER420
Okay Ill try to make this as clear as I can, and understandable...

From the head unit there is a solid blue wire, and a blue wire with a white stripe....Im connecting the solid blue to the remote wire that goes to the amp, and the blue/stripe with the blue/stripe from the wiring harness...

Im pretty sure thats right Ive went over it many times and cant see where I went wrong.....the headunit works fine through the factory speakers, but when the cd goes in it shuts the amp off.....I actually dont have the stereo antenna hooked into the head unit yet, (dont listen to the radio, not worried about it), but when its just the static the amp stays on, still cant hear it through my subs though...but the cd mode makes the amp shut off.....

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:08 pm
by William from NOLA
What head unit do you have?