Page 2 of 2

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:10 am
by Chris from Washington
SumDumGuy wrote:Nothing new; I've been out of town so I haven't done much else.
I did hook the amp/sub to one of the rear speaker pre-outs, and have a bit better sound.
I received a reply to my query on the xtrons support board. I'll put it here for amusement....
Hi,
I am afraid your sub doesn't match to our unit, you may try to change another sub, and the voltage of the sub should within 2-4v.
Regards,
LOL, that's the official response?
wow!

I would just buy another head unit used off Ebay or Craiglist. I think you'll save yourself a lot of grief.

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:22 am
by Chris from Washington
For fun, I found your thread on their forum and replied.
Curious to their response.

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:51 pm
by JeremyC
I found it too.

Chris your post never showed up. So I posted too ;-)

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:54 pm
by JeremyC
Sum, are you using a y splitter coming off the sub output to the amp?

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:13 pm
by Chris from Washington
JeremyC wrote:Sum, are you using a y splitter coming off the sub output to the amp?
They deleted my post!

Wow what a crap company!
I actually gave useful troubleshooting advice, for anyone else that might be having a similar problem.

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:17 pm
by Chris from Washington
@SumDumGuy

I think your best bet would be to look for a used headunit on craigslist or ebay. I think you'll be able find something better, and more reliable for not that much money.

Let us know what you end up doing.

Chris

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:27 pm
by JeremyC
They deleted your post? Thats crazy. What did you say?

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:44 pm
by Chris from Washington
JeremyC wrote:They deleted your post? Thats crazy. What did you say?
About the same as you:

Said that subwoofers are not measured in voltage but instead Watts. I think I mentioned that the input stage on pretty much all amps can handle a 2v-4v input too.
I then went into some troubleshooting steps that he could perform to rule out the amps/subwoofer.

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:13 pm
by SumDumGuy
Funny, I saw the posts over at Xtrons as well. At least before they started the delete key.
I think I read somewhere about them deleting posts and banning people for making sense.

I think with the setup I have at this time I am stuck. I'll have to get a new head unit in the future.

Maybe I can even get a amp/sub that is compatible with the HU. :bigwink:

Thanks for ya'll's help!!!

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:02 pm
by JeremyC
I just checked out the forum. No responce yet.

That place is crap. Stay away from them in the future, thats for sure.