Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
infinity 5350a
I knew what you were doing, as soon as you said you had 14 speakers.
Yes I stole this from google, I didn't feel like explaining it again.
7. Adding more speakers will increase the sound quality
Volume, maybe. Sound quality, no. The more speakers you add to a system the greater the problems you will have due to speaker interaction. Each speaker is a little wave producer and when the waves from one speaker meet those of another speaker the results are peaks and dips in the response. Generally less is more when looking for sound quality. Look to the car audio competition finals winners and you'll see that they use a small number of high quality speakers
If you want to learn more, don't click this link.
http://caraudiomag.com/articles/two-way ... t-speakers
Yes I stole this from google, I didn't feel like explaining it again.
7. Adding more speakers will increase the sound quality
Volume, maybe. Sound quality, no. The more speakers you add to a system the greater the problems you will have due to speaker interaction. Each speaker is a little wave producer and when the waves from one speaker meet those of another speaker the results are peaks and dips in the response. Generally less is more when looking for sound quality. Look to the car audio competition finals winners and you'll see that they use a small number of high quality speakers
If you want to learn more, don't click this link.
http://caraudiomag.com/articles/two-way ... t-speakers
Yeah I forgot to post where i found that. Its one of the 10 main car audio myths.
Adding more speakers will not give you better sound quality.
Adding more mid range and tweeters won't give you much more spl. Sure it will make the highs and mids so loud they will hurt your ears. It will also add crazy peaks to your freq response. But it WILL NOT give you better SQ or a decent to large increase in SPL.
I will even bet you 100 bucks the 6 speakers in the front of my car will play 3 to 4 db louder than the 12 you have in your car, and image 100 times better.
Notice I said 6 and 12, not 8 or 14. I'm talking about mids and highs alone, no subs.
Adding more speakers will not give you better sound quality.
Adding more mid range and tweeters won't give you much more spl. Sure it will make the highs and mids so loud they will hurt your ears. It will also add crazy peaks to your freq response. But it WILL NOT give you better SQ or a decent to large increase in SPL.
I will even bet you 100 bucks the 6 speakers in the front of my car will play 3 to 4 db louder than the 12 you have in your car, and image 100 times better.
Notice I said 6 and 12, not 8 or 14. I'm talking about mids and highs alone, no subs.
Really dude? Did you not read the paragraph I put under that comment?
Or the page I posted as a link?
Its obvious you've fallen pray to one of the oldest car audio myths ever. That more is better.
Thats ok, most people don't know any better. Unless you really know how sound travels, how it interacts when two sound waves cross, or what happens when a wave bounces off of a reflective surface, your not going to know any better.
Like I said, thats ok.
But we are really trying to help you out, and teach you how to have the best sounding stereo in your price range.
Or the page I posted as a link?
Its obvious you've fallen pray to one of the oldest car audio myths ever. That more is better.
Thats ok, most people don't know any better. Unless you really know how sound travels, how it interacts when two sound waves cross, or what happens when a wave bounces off of a reflective surface, your not going to know any better.
Like I said, thats ok.
But we are really trying to help you out, and teach you how to have the best sounding stereo in your price range.
- NorthQuad
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 1183
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 8:00 am
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Jeremy, I probably made it more confusing when I tried to clarify what you were posting. Which was an excerpt from a list of car audio myths. There was no explaination that the title "7. Adding more speakers will increase the sound quality." was from that list, and it confused me at first as I thought you wrote it. I didn't do a vey good job clarifying the point you were making when you posted that 7th myth. Sorry.
But nathan, to clarify further, JeremyC is making the point that the more speakers you have running, (especially 14) the more likely it will sound bad. As in, the sound quality will suffer.
But nathan, to clarify further, JeremyC is making the point that the more speakers you have running, (especially 14) the more likely it will sound bad. As in, the sound quality will suffer.
dave.